Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

What's up everyone?!                                                                                          January 27, 2014
Well I took a little extra time to write some people individually and everything, so sorry I'm not going to be able to write quite as much as usual. Well I really liked seeing the wedding pictures! I'm glad that the wedding went well. It looked real nice. I still can't get over the fact that 3 cousins are going to get married while I've been out here. Just wait a sec alright! haha when is Samantha getting married? You'll have to let me know what goes on with all that. You guys are right about Krissy growing up and all it really does seem like she has grown up a lot. Elder Dzul got to know the church through a friend and his family never accepted very well, mom. He says that it's going to be his first thing that he does when he gets home...convert his family ha. It was cool to hear about McKay King speaking in the ward. Does that mean I have to take a tour of the stake to speak every week?? Not too worried though because it's really not bad at all anymore. I can take 10 in Spanish with ease, so in English it shouldn't be too bad. I've had to speak like 4 times in this ward so far! Ha dad your comment about how reality is going to hit the newly weds was pretty funny...I guess that's how it is huh. I'm glad you were able to beat the young guns this time, but when I get out there you won't stand a chance pops. I'll try and write grandma and grandpa a quick email.

Well this week was a whole lot more finding. We actually taught a lot more and our finding efforts are starting to turn out. We have a bunch of new appts. this week as well. Sadly, Alejandra didn't get baptized this weekend. We had made an appt with her mom and the bishop, but she refused...mainly because they fear the dad who has been abusive in the past and is really against the whole idea. She is 16 turning 17, so if she isn't able to get permission soon, I know she'll get baptized later on. She has a great testimony. We found another family!! Wooo! The dad is inactive and he wants to share the gospel with his non member family and get back to church himself. I hope I stay here to see the end result. Well we had two divisions (one with the assistants and another with one of our DLs), and 4 baptismal interviews this week. Other than that we had time to do normal visits in our area a lot. We did splits with two brothers in the ward on Saturday night and I got to visit an awesome family that has a recent convert daughter. The parents and their son aren't members. Since I got here we have visited them a lot, but they never would go to church. Apparently they went a few times in the past, but I never saw it. We had an awesome lesson with them! They went to church finally this Sunday!! Wooo I was pumped. Well this week we have a leadership training meetings and a mission council in the mission home. Good stuff.

I love you guys. I know I said I wasn't going to write much, but I did anyway. Thank you for everything. You're great!!

Love

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers