Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dear Kitchen Family,                                                                                        January 21, 2013
Hey! How's everyone doing up there in sub-zero? I'm glad to hear that Grandpa Kitchen is doing a lot better. I hope he continues to get well. Hear you'd say: ¡yo espero que te mejoras abuelo! ¡Cuidate eh! Anyway ¿cómo está familia? ¿cómo se pasó su semana? Anything new going on? I'm glad to hear that you got the furnace fixed and everything. Also it's good that you were able to head down to St. George over the weekend to escape the freezer. How's the family doing down there in St. George? I hope ya'll have a good time, and that you return in safety. So Tyler is working now huh? Is he back at Milagros? How is school going for everyone? Well I hope you all have a good week.
Time just keeps flying by out here. This week was yet another slow week out here in Atexcac. We did a lot of service again this week. Two early mornings this week we hiked over to the Colonia where our convert Dolores lives to help him with something he is doing around his house. He wants to put sealing to keep water out around the foundation, so we helped him dig. We dug quite a bit. I have a few blisters on my hands, but other than that I'm doing fine. We also husked more corn this week too. I actually helped a little kid with his math...in Spanish. That was fun haha. We had a few appointments that fell through as well this week, but we've made a bunch of appointments with less-active families for this coming week. It should go well. Also, when we visited some in-active members, the mom told us of one of her grandchildren, who is 10 years old and who hasn't got baptized but who wants to. We are going to teach him and hopefully baptize him. Well all is going well here in Atexcac. We had a zone conference with two zones and President Reeves on Thursday in Cholula. It was really good and I learned a lot! President had the Elders that would be leaving soon and also the new Elders (me included) bear their testimonies in front of everybody...yes in Spanish. I was a little nervous, but it went well. Some of the Elders commented saying my Spanish is good for only having 5 months. That makes me feel good. Also I asked Elder Olvera if he thought that I'm pretty much fluent in Spanish and he said that I am in his opinión. I feel like I am too...finally! I have a long way to go, but I can communicate now fairly easily. Anyway that's what's going on here. If you have any specific questions just ask.
Anyway I gotta wrap it up. I love and miss you family! I hope you all have a great week. Oh you asked about the spider picture. Well it's pretty dang big compared to home, but I think the picture makes it look bigger, so it's not THAT big. We got some Raid and a lighter and scorched it to death hahaha. Well I read a cool quote from Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Liahona this week. It was in Spanish, so I'll try and translate. It's simple, yet powerful: "Compared to God, we are nothing; however, we are everything to Him." I hope and pray for your well being and happiness! Have a great week! Keep it up with the scriptures and praying. It's the small things that make all the difference.
Con amor,
Elder Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers