Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dear Family,                                                                                                           January 13, 2013
Sounds like ya'll are freezing up there haha! I hope that it warms up a bit so you can go skiing and all. That's too bad your having furnace problems, hope it all gets fixed and all. Mom I think it's funny because every year you just about head for Arizona because you don't like the cold. Thanks for keeping me updated with Grandpa's situation and all. Sounds like he is starting to do better. Tell me that I'm sure that he could still beat me in a round of golf, AND take out a pheasant faster than I can haha. Love you Grandpa! Get well soon! Also thanks for sending some pictures I enjoyed them :) I get a kick out of how spoiled Kit is! You should keep me updated on how the house progresses. It looks pretty good already. Anyway I hope all goes well this week. What is going on with Tyler and the girls? Have they started school back up yet? Is Tyler still bummin' it at home?? Let me know how things are going. 

Anyway my week has gone really good. Lots of changes! On Tuesday we headed out to Puebla after spending the night in Nealtican with the Elders who have the "Monster house" (you'd know what I'm talking about if you saw it). The transfer meeting went really good. President Reeves is awesome! It was fun to see all the Elders from the MTC and all. Well I got my new comp. and his name is Elder Olvera a native from San. Luis Potosi. He is awesome! He can't speak any English at all, so it is exactly what I wanted out here. Actually...he speaks Spanish like 500 mph!  He told me that even some of his Mexican comps tell him he speaks really fast. Because of that I don't always understand him, but I'll get the hang of it. Just from this first week I can already see that I will be able to grow a lot this transfer. I have been completely leading all the planning and speaking situations because Elder Olvera knows nothing of the area. Also, speaking Spanish all day everyday has already helped my Spanish. This week we've done more service and actually had a lot of less active lessons. We have had some good talks with the Bishop and the Ward Mission Leader about some of the goals that we have and how we're going to start working more effectively. So I'm excited to see what will happen. I had a cool experience teaching Margarita the other day. I shared/explained a scripture and then bore my testimony for a while and it was one of those..."hmm what did I say" moments after when we were walking back home. I know the Lord is supporting me out here with His work. The mission is such a great experience I love it! I have learned so much already it's nuts.

Anyway I'm gonna wrap it up now.  Things are really looking up though. It's interesting to me how the Lord works in teaching us here in this life. I went through a couple rough spots with Elder Tinoco, but I realize now how much I learned from it, and there is no other way I could have learned the things I learned. That is the way the Lord works sometimes :) Well everything is going great here in Atexcac. Oh YEAH I forgot to tell you something crazy happened like the week before Elder Tinoco left. Something happened to the water lines, so we had no running water for like 5 days!! haha and guys think the furnace is bad, we had to shower with buckets of water, we couldn't clean dishes, or wash our clothes haha! All is good now though it's working again. Anyway love you family! I look forward to hearing from you soon! I'll keep Grandpa in my prayers, and all of you as well. Have a good week!

Con Amor,
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers