Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dear Fam,                                                                                                            January 7, 2013
P-day already! It was good to hear from you all again. I hope you have all enjoyed your week, and that you´re loving the 0 degree weather over there in Utah...haha! Sounds like you had fun with the New Years party and all. That´s too bad that skiing this year isn´t going very well yet. I won´t lie, it makes me happy to know I´m not missing much this season ha. Mom that was cool to hear about the changes in the way we are going to teach the youth. Sounds like a really good program. That was cool to hear that you used PMG to teach part of the first lesson! I´m sure it´s an inspired change. I´m sure you are an amazing Sunday School teacher mom. Dad told me a while back that you do a really good job with your calling, and that you're both enjoying teaching them. New Years Eve was pretty good. We ate a good dinner, but not a whole lot else happened. New Years Day is actually bigger there than New Years Eve which is opposite of the United States. Everybody takes the day off on New Years Day even if they would normally work on a day like Christmas. We actually played basketball with the Ward in the morning for an activity that they planned. It was pretty fun.

Well as for this week, it went better than the last two weeks. We still don´t have any progressing investigators, but we did do TONS of service and had quite a few lessons with less active or recent converts. We did hours of service with week helping people husk corn again. Just about everybody in town has corn right now. We have a less active...well better to say in-active member named Alberto who we taught the 1st and 2nd lessons this week. I actually lead both lessons. Elder Tinoco is giving me more opportunities to lead, so that I can learn more. They were great lessons. Other than that we just do what we can to help people out here. It feels good to serve :) Anyway before I wrap it up we got our news about the transfers last night via phone call. Elder Tinoco and Elder Betts are both leaving the area, so Elder Matt and I will be staying with new companions. We will be going tomorrow to the big transfer meeting in Puebla with President and everybody. I'm really excited about the changes actually. It's going to give me a chance to lead in this area, because my new comp. won't know anything about the area. Also, I am really hoping for an Elder who can't speak English, so that I can learn even faster!! We'll see what happens. Elder Tinoco has been great, but it's going to be a fresh start with a new companion here in this area. 

Well I've really got to go. We have a ton to do today getting ready for Elder Tinoco to leave and all. I hope you all have a great week! Please keep me updating on Grandpa's condition. I will be praying for him! I love each and every one of you. 

Les quiero mucho,
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers