Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Kitchen Family,                                                                                              September 21, 2012
Hey how is everybody doing?! I hope that all is well, and that you are all happy and healthy. First of all, oh my goodness mom thank you so much for the homemade cinnamon rolls!! They were absolutely amazing. I shared them with my room, and multiple people said "those are easily the best cinnamon rolls that I have ever had in my life." And I said "Yep my momma lives up to her name." Anyway thank you very much. Also, thank you for sending me the addresses of those guys. Dad I got a kick out of that picture of you and Kit. I'm also glad that she is home and out of "doggy-prison." Well it sounds like everyone is busy and living life to the fullest. Mom it sounds like school is busy for you right now...I wish you the best of luck. One thing that came to mind is when I was reading the Biography of Thomas S. Monson, one of his seven words of wisdom that he has lived his life by is: Balance. I can't remember the other words, but I recommend reading the book. And Dad it also sounds like you are busy at work. I also wish you luck, and I hope everything goes well. That is so cool that Tyler can get half-off tuition because of his mission to New Zealand! Is he going to go there for sure next semester? Also, is here still dating Skyler Hardy's litter sister...haha I'm just curious.

Anyway to answer a few questions I did not see that broadcast of Dallin H. Oaks or the Provo Mission President, but the whole MTC will be able to see the re-broadcast of the Brigham City Temple Dedication this Sunday, so I'm excited for that. I have some pretty dang cool news for everybody. So, we have a musical genius in our Zone whose name is Elder Madsen. This Elder can literally take whatever song he wants and make is our arrangement to it. He is amazing. So anyway, here at the MTC every Sunday night fireside there is a special musical number preformed by someone or a group of Elders out of the 2500 or so that are here right now. You have to audition in from of the MTC President's wife to get in for the musical number. All week long groups of Elders try out to sing in the musical number and only one is picked. We tried out with "Ye Elders Of Isreal" (Elder Madsen's style) and the same day we were notified that we are going to sing for the special musical number this Sunday in front of the entire MTC!! Wow! We all can't believe it. It's going to be an experience that I don't think I'll ever forget.

All is well here at the MTC. It's amazing how fast we all learn Spanish. I'll tell you a quick cool experience that my companion and I had this week. We were studying on a bench when a couple of Spanish speaking Elders came up to us. They were brand new missionaries that had only been here for a couple of days. They must have been doing something for class because they tried their best to bear their testimonies in Spanish and then they left. I was amazed after they left, because it reminded me where I was at not even a month ago. They could barely even speak, and that was me a month ago. It is blowing my mind how fast we learn Spanish out here. I know it is only because we are the Lord's missionaries and he is helping us as we work hard and be obedient. This week my companion and I taught a 45 minute lesson in Spanish with no notes. I testify that the Spirit of the Lord speaks all languages. I fell the spirit so strong as I teach. Yo se que El Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero. Jesucristo es el Salvador del Mundo. Dios es nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial. El Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Yo se que familias podemos juntos para siempre mediante el plan de Padre Celestial. Yo amo ustedes mucho!. (I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ its true. Jesus Christ is the savior of the World. God is our loving Heavenly Father. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's Plan. I love you all!) To put it simply :)

Until next week
Love
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers