Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dear Kitchen Family,

Wow it is almost February and Time is just going by so fast! I loved reading all your e mails and to see how your all doing. It is always good to hear from my family! I am doing great and everything is fine with me. There was a lot of rain but that's about it. I didn't feel any earthquake or anything serious like that. I am just still working hard and do my best to serve the lord. Guess what? I didn't get transferred!! I am still here in Rotorua can you believe that??!....I've been in the city of Rotorua for 6 months and since I'm staying another transfer I will be here for at least 7 1/2 months. That's longer than Niue. I feel like this is my new home or something. Its funny because ALL the missionaries that were here when I got to Rotorua are all gone plus even a lot of missionaries have come and gone since I've been here but I'm still here! Elder Afa got transferred to North of Auckland. I guess there is still more work for me to do here.

I am still the District Leader and my companion is still Elder Russell. Elder Eckery is still in my district and he is training a new missionary from Utah. His name is Elder Beecher from Ogden Utah. He is a great missionary and I'm glad he is here with us. Also Elder Saunders got transferred from my district so now its Elder Ales here with Elder Naicker. They are all great missionaries and I'm glad I get to serve with them. Elder Ales was in my intake (he came into the mission field the exact same time as me). We have been working with a lot of part member families and a few less active families to come back to church also this week. We have also been blessed with 7 new investigators and so the teaching is even going up more and more. We have 3 investigators set with a date still so that's a blessing. Jessica came to church yesterday and her non member mother and partner (kinda like a husband) came with her too. It was great to see all of them at our church. We got a new ward mission leader a couple of weeks ago so it is great to work with him. His name is Brother Bryant. He and his family had us over for dinner it was very good. We also have been working with this less active mother that is raising 5 children by herself. She still has a very strong testimony and all the kids love the church. Her daughter is 9 years old and isn't baptized so we're going to work with her. They are awesome kids and ask some really good questions about the gospel. We are teaching some people from Turkey (Europe) they are really cool. Man I'm sure I've told you about all the different culture here. I feel like sometimes I'm serving my mission in10 different countries. There are so many different races and cultures here living in New Zealand. We have been really involved with a lot of different people or families from Japan, China, India, Philippines, Europe, Africa, The islands (Tonga, Samoa), people from Thailand, Australian, and just a ton of countries. I love to experience all the different culture. Like just last night a Phillipino (I cant spell it) family had us over for dinner. (they are members) they fed us some culture food it was great! A lot of our investigators are also from different countries like one is from Papa New Guinea.

I just love my mission. My testimony is increasing everyday. I'm learning so many new things, I feel like I'm becoming more mature and a better person. And I love just living the missionary life. It truly is the best two years. I go through trials and hard times but I helps me become stronger. I love the people here So much. The Maori people are just the best. The members are great and the Elders and other missionaries are some of my greatest friends. This truly is a once in a life time experience that you can never put a price tag on its just incredible.

Well thank you so much for all the photos, everyone looks great. I miss all the family a lot. It was cool that one Elder wrote me. I remember him he was awesome. Maybe you guys could write him back or something....I still need to write my friends back.

It was great to get a letter from Jami. She is so good at writing me. Tell Jami I'm sorry but I don't have time to write her back. But i will answer some of her questions. But tell her thanks for writing me and it was good to read how she is doing and everything. She asked about something really cool about New Zealand. Well the food is cool how the cook it and stuff. The make some really good Fish and Chips. The Maori people when the greet they air kiss right next to your check. I'll have to think of more. Sorry I'm really bad at remember things like that.

Well I love you all have a great week.
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers