Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dear Family,

This week went by pretty fast. I am doing good but have been through a lot of trials again this week. I'm grateful for them because they make me stronger. But we also have seen incredible miracles and have had some really great experiences.

Last Monday we were able to go to this chip and putt place to play golf. It was a blast and I did pretty good. We might go fishing again this Pday. Its fun that we get to do some fun things on P days. Tuesday we drove down to Tokoroa for district meeting. We have been driving a lot because my district is so big like the area. We have been traveling down to Murupada ( a small town) because we have a investigator set for baptism down there. Her name is Jasmine. I love going to the branch sacrament meeting. We got to go again yesterday and I felt the spirit so strong. It was there branch conference. I bore my testimony and I got pretty emotional has I talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As a mission we have been studying a lot about the Atonement. I have learned more and just have developed a stronger testimony about the Atonement.

Last Tuesday Elder Keys, my zone leader and I went on a trade off. It was awesome and we had miracles happen. We also met these people that are less active members. But they turned to the wicken religion. Its like they are witches. They were kinda explaining it to us...how there is good or white witches and bad or black witches. Its pretty interesting but really weird. They believe in healing and many Gods like the Greek Gods and stuff. It was kinda freaky though...we only stayed for a tiny bit then left. We went out to Murapanda and we were clear out in the middle of no where at our investigators house. Elder Russell did a funny thing. He yelled at the top of his lungs and said I know the Book of Mormon is true. It was hilarious. We found this really wonderful lady named Kathryn and we set her for baptism this week. She really wants to change and when we taught about the gospel and that we can become free and clean from sin she got very emotional. It touched my heart because it is just incredible to see what the gospel can do for people that don't have it. Thursday I went on a trade off with Elder Eckery over in my old area. Fairy springs...it was good to see the members and also people there. It was fun to work in the area. The biggest miracle that stood out to me this week was that Jessica's partner Adam wasn't that interested in getting married, and they have to so she can get baptized. We fasted and prayed for a miracle and he totally changed his mind. They are getting married, he's interested in the gospel, he came to church, and he's decided to quit drinking and smoking. Wow it was incredible. It seriously is just indescribable to see people completely change their lives to follow God.

Well that's about enough of my week. I am just staying very busy as usual. Oh yeah we found out who our new mission President and his wife will be. They aren't coming until I think June or July. Their names are Paul and Rebecca Lekias. I am going to be really sad to see President Porter go but at least we still have a while with him and guess what, they are moving to Alpine Utah!

Well I am sorry again that this e mail isn't going to be long either. I had to finish an assignment for our missionary work. So I didn't have a lot of time to e mail but I am doing okay. I'm here to serve the Lord with all my heart. We have hopefully 3 baptisms coming up this Saturday! Please pray that they will all go through!

I am always so glad to hear how your all doing. I hope everyone is doing wonderful. Sounds like your winter has a lot of snow and hopefully some of you will be able to go snowboarding. Spring is just around the corner for you and winter for me. I will make sure that next week I will have some good time to send a good e mail.

I love you all so much.
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers