Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dear Family!

Well it sounds like your all doing great and happy. I am also doing really good. We have seen miracles just like every week.
We had two baptisms this week!! They were both amazing. Pargat (the Indian guy) was baptized and I was able to perform the sacred ordinance. It was such a great experience. The baptism went wonderful. It was a very spiritual experience and I almost started to cry when he bore his testimony after he was baptized. I guess in his religion he had before he joined to church they have a thing where they all have the same middle name. Its Singh or something like that. He was the seek religion...its kinda like Hindu...its not Christian. But when he bore his testimony he was like my name now is just Pargat Kahlon and not Singh. He said he was now 100% Christian. It is just so amazing to watch the hand of God be into one of his sons lives and change it so completely for the good. I know anything can happen and miracles occur daily.

Aroha was also baptized a member of the church on Saturday. One of the members baptized her and it was great to see the member be so involved with her baptism. The program was really good and the spirit was very strong. I'll have to tell you more about the experience but Helena got nervous I guess and didn't show up to her baptism. But we saw her and she still wants to be baptized but we will have to do it next week.

Well my interview with president was great and the district is doing awesome.

Oh my I'm sorry but I have to go.,....its a long story....but I took to long sending those pictures. I'm sorry, next week I will e mail right away. Please remind me the questions you asked.

I love all of you.
Love Elder Kitchen


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kia Ora Family!

Well another week has gone by....wow sometimes they just fly by it seems like. It is really raining right now in New Zealand. Yesterday I thought it was going to flood! haha. Besides getting really wet I am doing great! Yesterday was a funny experience. We tracked in the rain for about 3 hours total. It was an experience I'll remember. We had our umbrellas and the rain just poured down. A lot of the people that we knocked on their doors were like "why are you out here in this weather?" They were impressed at our dedication to our message. One time the wind was blowing so hard that my umbrella went inside out ....we were laughing so hard. And then one time my umbrella didn't work so I was just getting soaked and we went up to this house. The lady came out her front balcony up above and we had to look up at her. It was really noisy wind so I was like yelling and holding up the Book of Mormon in the rain and said "I know this book is true" It was a great experience...I felt like a warrior fighting against Satan in the rain.

Well this week we had another Baptism. Helena decided she was really for baptism. Aww everything went great...it was a very spiritual baptism and everything seemed to work out. The ward did a wonderful program and she looked really nice in her white dress. Elder Russell baptized her and it was such a great experience for him. Helena got up and bore her testimony...aww that is like my favorite part to watch newly baptized converts go up and bear their testimony. Its something I will never forget.

Last week for P day Elder Russell and myself went fishing! It was so fun. We bought really cheap fishing poles from the warehouse (its kinda like Walmart) And then we went down this stream in the country. Aw it was nice, and Elder Russell caught a fish. It was a nice rainbow trout. We didn't fish for that long and I never caught one....oh well. We had dinner with the Stucki family again and they took us out to this Chinese buffet place, it was good. I went on some trade offs with some of the missionaries in my district. It was good to see their progress and some of the things I'm trying to help them improve. I interviewed one of the elders' investigators for baptism. It really is so great to watch and help people change their lives. We have been working with a lot of investigators to help them overcome addictions, trails, and hard times. I feel the Savior helping people and it just gives me the greatest feeling. I have been driving a lot now because I'm a district leader and we're out in the country so I have to drive a lot. I'm a professional at driving on the left side of that road and the right side of the car. haha.

That's pretty much all I can think of to tell ya. You know me sometimes I have memory loss so I forget to tell you somethings. I'm surprised they aren't transferring me yet, but transfers are this Thursday so I might go somewhere else, I won't know until maybe Wednesday. So maybe next Monday I will be e mailing you from somewhere else.

Looking at those pictures you sent me reminds me a lot of home...Sometimes I'm just so busy I forget about things. I'm not home sick its just nice to see you guys in pictures and it brings back good memories. I really do miss you guys so much though.

Dad you asked if I was taller than when I left...I honestly don't know at all. I haven't measured myself once since I've been here. You'll just have to find out when I get off the plane. But I haven't gained any weight. Can you believe it. I went to the island of Niue and I'm in New Zealand where I eat A TON and I haven't gained any weight...I'm still skinny...weird ehh?? That's no good Ryan got hurt! What happened....just snowboarding accident?

Well I have to go now family. But I truly do love each and everyone of you...I miss you like crazy and I wish I could just spend a little time with you. You mean the world to me and I wouldn't be the person I am without you. Thanks for everything you do. I love my mission and the Lord. Keep praying for me :) I'm trying my best out here. May the Lord bless our family as I serve him for two years.

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers