Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Hello Family!!
How is my family doing?! I hope everyone is doing wonderful. It sounds like your all doing great and loving life from your emails. Thank you so much for sending all those emails to me. There were really fun to read. I'm so glad I was able to hear about how all your lives are going and the things you've been up to. It sounds like your all doing great and that's a blessing for me to hear.

Well this week has been kinda crazy because President Porter is here! We have been extra busy and been having a lot of things going on. The emails you sent me were pretty long and that's good its just I don't think I have time this week to respond to some of them. I am almost finishing writing letters to each of you and I'm planning on sending them with the DVDs that have my pictures on them this week. I know I promised last week but its been just crazy I'm really sorry. I really am almost done with the letters and then I just have to send them so you will get them soon.

Well this past week for me has been great. Ive had some more very sacred and spiritual experiences. I know that this truly is the work of the Lord and that he is always with us. I know that I can't succeed in this work without the spirit. It is the only thing that confirms to the people what we are teaching is true. I'm trying extra hard to do everything I can to qualify for the Lords spirit and for the Holy Ghost to always be with me. I'm trying extra hard to become an even better missionary and a greater instrument in the Lords hands. I want to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength for these two years and have NO regrets. I am working extra hard to improve the work here and have faith that we will see miracles here including baptisms!

Last Monday we played a lot of sports and also painted inside of our house. It was really good. Tuesday was a really good day. We had lessons, did service, and had some cool experiences. Wednesday we did a lot of service also and had two really good lessons. Thursday was probably one of the best days this week. We had a spiritual experience of getting lead to someone we taught the 1st lesson too. Her name was is Joane. She doesn't even believe in God but we will see now because the spirit was so powerful in the lesson. We taught 4 lessons of Thursday. It was just a really good day. Friday President Porter and his family came to the island. It was President Porter, Sister Porter, and 3 of their children. Scott (their son that just barley got off his mission to Brazil a couple of months ago), their daughter; I forgot her name (she is probably like young 20's) and their youngest son David. If I had to guess he is probably 14-15 years old. It was so good to see them. They all were so excited to be here in Niue and to see me and Elder Fanguna. President Porter and his family stay at the resort on the island. They have been having a good time here. Their main purpose here was the conference. Then President Interviews a bunch of members on the island and he is going to interview each of us. He does a lot of things here. He is only staying here one week and is leaving next Friday. Our singing at church was great and President loved it. Next Sunday is the Alofi branch's musical fireside and I'm singing again hahaha. President Porter did talk about Elder Fanguna staying probably one more transfer (thats six more weeks) and then he will go back to New Zealand and I will get a new companion. We had a really good feed and arrival party with them on Friday night. Well Saturday was just incredible day. We had the priesthood session of Branch Conference and then another combined Priesthood and Relief Society session afterwards. Wow President Gave AMAZING talks both sessions. Everyone gave such great talks and the spirit was so strong. Seriously President Porter is one of the best speakers I've ever heard. He talks with authority and by the power of the spirit. He is such an incredible mission president. I'm so grateful he is my mission president. I really believe that one of the reasons I was sent to this mission is because of him. He just is incredible and I feel the spirit so strongly every time he speaks. On Sunday branch conference was just wonderful. The spirit was so strong and I learned so much. Our singing went really well. I was so glad I got to sing again. There was a ton of members, less-actives, investigators, and non-members that came. There was so many people. It was a great spiritual branch conference. The fireside last night was also just amazing.

There is just a couple more things I wanted to share about my week. One is we had a cool experience. After the Saturday night session President said we could just go back to our house and take the hour and half we had left to proselyte off. So we went home and I decided to make cookies because I was craving them. I some how managed to get all the ingredients for cookies. So I made all the dough and then I tried to turn on the oven and it wasn't working. Me and Elder Fanguna did everything we could to try and get it to work but it was just broken. Well we didn't know what to do and really wanted to make our cookies so Elder Fanguna suggested we prayed. It is kinda a dumb thing to pray about but we had faith that according to Gods will he would fix the oven. So we prayed with so much faith and I was the one that prayed. I just knew it was going to work. Right after I finished praying we switched the on switch and IT TURNED ON! Wow it was a miracle. It was a strength and spiritual experience for me to know even the smallest of our prayers God does answer.

Well Niue island is amazing. I'm still kinda getting the language. I could do better its just so hard. But its coming along. I'm getting to know the people really well. I'm loving the culture so much and mixing very well with it. Elder Fanguna says I'm becoming an islander. I'm just loving serving here with these amazing people. There's so much culture and loving people here. I'm experiencing so many cool things here. This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will always remember this time period and experience in my life. I just love it.

Well we haven't done a lot with president yet, just the conferences. He has been so busy doing everything for the conference. Now that the Conference is over we are going to have some cool experiences. Like this Wednesday we are going to dance, watch Elder Fanguna fire dance, have a huge islander feast, and do some cool games and things. I'm excited. Well everything is going great here with me. I'm just loving the island, and loving my mission. I really have grown so much and experienced, learned, and grown so much already its just unreal.

I just want all of you to know I'm so grateful your my family. You seriously mean everything to me. I love you all so much. I'm grateful to call you my family. I couldn't ask for better parents, or brother, or sisters. Your all just incredible. I really miss you more than you know and think about you a lot. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else though. My mission seriously is the best two years of my life. I love it and I love bringing our brothers and sisters back to our Heavenly Father. I'm helping to rescue souls and save the eternal lives of human beings. Its the most important work I could be doing. Keep it up on your family scripture study and prayer. Your doing great. Well thanks for everything you do for me. I love you so much and pray for your well being. Please do the right thing, be safe, and just enjoy life. Until next week....

love your son and brother, Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers