Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello Family!!
Awe it was so good to read your e mails this week. Like I always say I always look forward to Monday to read them. I'm grateful that you sent me great emails and everything is great over in Utah. I love it over in Niue but let me tell you I miss Utah SO much sometimes. It sounds like a lot of cool things happened this week. The emails were interesting. I miss you guys a ton. Our family is the best. Well I'm glad your week was awesome and everyone is doing good and is safe.

Well my week was great! Not a ton happened but it was still a great week. I'm not going to go into very much detail about my week because I want to spend most of the time just talking about other things. This last week we did service everyday! Some days we did service for about 5 hours!! We did some construction work, some weeding, some cutting grass, and some other random service for members and investigators. Service is great and I always feel amazing after knowing I helped people. The work here really is very different than in New Zealand, we have only about 2-3 lessons a day and we spend the other time doing service, visiting with less-active members, activities with investigators, and other random missionary activities. All of our investigators are doing great. Yoka-Peta still hasn't received her divorce papers so she doesn't have a baptismal date yet. The work on the island is very hard too, but I know if I have faith that Heavenly Father will bless us with miracles. I had a very spiritual experience yesterday evening during a lesson. The spirit lead me to know exactly what to say in the exact moment I needed it. It was amazing, the spirit was like talking through me to Lisa (an investigator). It was an experience I will never forget, the spirit was so strong and I have experienced the promise the Lord gives us that the spirit will tell us what to say the very moment and hour we need it.

I tried some interesting foods this week. I tried pigs head hahaha!! And I also tried raw fish!! The pigs head was kinda weird and let me put it this way I didn't get seconds. And the raw fish was nasty, I hated it! Everything else I ate this week was really good and delicious. I'm getting better at volleyball so that's good. The language is coming along pretty good. I am also practicing another song because I'm going to sing in the musical fireside they are doing the first week of April. President Porter is coming this Friday and is staying for a week. So I'm excited to see him and his family. We are having a big ward conference this weekend, and I'm singing a Niuean song with Elder Fanguna for our Branch President this Sunday. (They love singing here as you can tell). I am also excited because when President Porter is here we are going to be doing some cool things, like we will have a huge island culture party and feed. Also Elder Fanguna is going to fire dance and some other cool things are probably going to happen. Well my week was great and everything is good with me. I'm just loving every second of my mission. I've learned and grown so much. I've experienced so much and my testimony has strengthened so much also.

Things are great on the island! I'm loving living on a tropical island and I'm getting used to the way of life. The people here are so funny and you see most of them everyday because its such a small island. Did you know Niue isn't on some maps. Its a tiny little island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!! Crazy huh?! So about the golf course, it is only 9 holes and it isn't very well taken care off. Its really green because its a tropical island and looks good because of all the coconut trees. But the course isn't that great. It was still really fun though. I had a blast and it was fun to play some golf. We played with some old clubs and I haven't golfed in a while so I didn't do that great. But I still had fun. We were the only ones of the course that day. Sometimes there is quite a few but on Monday afternoon, nobody. Elder Fanguna hasn't really ever played golf before. We also went with Ete our ward mission leader, they both just played for fun.

So how about all your lives?! How are things in Utah?! Its so crazy that I'm clear in the middle of the Pacific Ocean! Is there still a lot of snow in Utah? Wow its hard for me to even think of snow because I haven't seen it since last winter when I was in Utah! Do you guys still go skiing a lot? It sounds like you might go to St George for spring break, that will be fun. Thanks for everything. Like seriously your the best family ever. I can really feel your prayers and I know Heavenly Father is blessing our family. I hope your week will be great and just know I always think about you all and pray for you every night. Tell all our extended family I love them so much and miss them like crazy! I'm going to start writing everyone this week. It will take a while because there is so much. Man I miss my friends too. I wish I could stay in more contact with them. I have no idea what a lot of them are even doing with their lives. I wish they would talk to you guys so I could know what they're up to.

Thanks again for everything. I love you guys. You mean everything to me. Let me know if there is anything I can do for our family. And I promise I will write letters to all of you and send those DVDs with pictures on them this week! So hopefully you'll get them soon. I'm grateful to know everything is doing great with my family. It gives me comfort. Well until next week.. have an amazing incredible week.
Take care and remember I love you.
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers