Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear Family!
Faka Lofa Lahi Atu! Maolo a koe? (means how are you)
Wow it is so good to e mail all of you again. I'm so grateful we have this opportunity to e mail each other every week.
Well it sounds like everything is going good with you guys and that you had a great week! I'm glad to hear everything is all good and everyone is having fun. How is Utah? Wow I cant believe I've already been out for 4 months!! Crazy huh! Time on a mission sometimes goes really fast for me and than others slow. When I lookAbout the golfing! Its funny you asked because we are going golfing TODAY! we are going to go golf the course here in Niue. There is only one nine hole course here. Im excited to go today forward time goes by pretty slow but when I look back it flies by! It doesn't feel like I've already been on my mission for four months!!

Well I miss everyone of you so much and I miss just being around you. I also miss my friends a lot. But serving in Niue is great. The people here just treat you like family and they are so loving so it makes me feel like home away from home. How is life going for all of you? Hows school going Ryan, Jami, and Kaylee? It sounds like school is busy for you mom. And dad work sounds great for you. How are the dogs? I miss Jazzi and Zoe....I wonder if they even remember me anymore hahaha just kidding. Anything new happening in Utah or with our family? I hope everything is great with you and that your all receiving many blessings from Heavenly Father.

That is awesome about Devan's mission call. I feel horrible I'm doing So bad at writing my friends! I miss hearing from all of them and I wonder what they are up to in their lives. Man I'm glad you heard about Devan's mission call. Tell him Congratulations and that I miss him and I know he will do great for me if you get a chance. Tell him I will write him too.

Well this week has been another eventful, cool experiences, and a successful week. We have had quite a few lessons this past week. In Niue we dont teach as many lessons as in New Zealand but we do teach some. We do a lot of service, trying to contact the investigators, and just trying to help them in any way. A lot of people on the island have already heard the gospel so we just have to help them and be a great Christlike example to them. We tried to set Yoka-Peta with a date this week but she still is waiting for her divorce papers. Jay, Suta, Elijah, and Yoka Peta are progressing the most. This week we also did alot of service. Most of the service we do is yard work for people. We cut grass, pull weeds, fill in holes, move rocks, and just heaps of random service.

We helped the village with their village service this week. We had a lot of good feeds this week. Wow you don't have to worry about me starving on the island. They feed me SOOO much. I swear after every lesson they bring out food, and a lot of it! and it is so good. And yes I've ate A LOT of taro. Taro is kinda like a potato but not. They eat it a lot here. The food here is great. Oh yeah mom guess what? So far on my mission I've learned to like A TON of foods I didn't before. I am a LOT less picky and I eat so many kinds of food. It is really rude not to finish everything they give you in New Zealand and here so I've learned to like things I didn't before. Like fruit for instance, I like every kind of fruit now! I love water melon now, I had to because I've eaten it like crazy on my mission. I can stand tomatoes now, I know your going to be excited about that. I cant remember a whole lot more all I know is I am a lot less picky!

This week I got to eat pure natural Niuean Food and experience how they eat. On Thursday night Bro Heaksi cooked naturally grown food and animals from the island over a fire. Then we ate it on coconut leave plates, it was awesome. We also ate with our fingers and had no silver ware. Oh yeah I also got a cut this week and it got infected. I went to the hospital here in Niue and they gave me antibiotic. They also have me go up there everyday to clean the cut. Its a lot better now. About the golfing! Its funny you asked because we are going golfing TODAY! we are going to go golf the course here in Niue. There is only one nine hole course here. I'm excited to go today.

This week I've had some really spiritual experiences and lessons. We've had some really cool experiences and I've learned a lot. I am getting better at the Language and I am also getting used to the culture. I am becoming like an islander a little bit, Elder Fanguna says. Elder Fanguna is awesome. We are great Companions and we have a lot of good times. He is hilarious and we teach really good together. We never have problems and he has really helped me get used to the island. The people here just love him, he has been on the island for 8 months already. He can also speak the Niuean Language fluently.

Wow Sunday was an incredible experience for me! Well we went to the Alofi branch's Sacrament Meeting this Sunday and then went to the Toi branch's church. The Alofi is the big branch. They have a lot of members come to church. Well the reason why is because me and Elder Fanguna blessed the Sacrament, spoke in Sacrament meeting, and SANG!! Yup that's right I sang a trio in front of everyone. It was Elder Fanguna, John, and ME. We sang "I Need Thee Every Hour". We sang very good and everyone said that I have a really good voice. Man I cant believe I sang in church. I was so nervous but it wasn't that scary when I was actually doing it. I wasn't even nervous giving the talk. My talk was on missionary work of course and it was about 13-15 minutes long. I never looked at my paper. I just looked at the people and gave my talk. It's crazy how I used to be so nervous to give talks in church and now I'm so good at them and not sacred. Then after the Alofi Sacrament we went to the Toi one. We blessed the Sacrament there and I also gave the closing prayer. I did a lot during the Sacrament Meetings yesterday. It was an incredible experience.

Well I just want to let you know my testimony is getting stronger all the time. I know that this church is true with all my heart. I know Heavenly Father lives and that he loves us. I know Jesus Christ is His Son and our Savior. And I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way we can receive Eternal Life. I've experienced miracles on my mission and I know that I am a part of a great work. I am helping the salvation of human souls. This is the most important thing I could ever be doing. I love my mission so much and I'm so glad I'm here. I am changing peoples lives and its a indescribable feeling to watch them gain the testimony that this is true. I wish I could have more time to write you my testimony but just know my faith has increased so much and I my testimony has strengthened so much. Just remember to try so hard to obeying Gods commandments and try and have family scripture study, prayer, and family home evening. I know they will help. Well I'm very grateful to be your son. I am thankful to call you my parents and family. I love you Ryan, Jami, and Kaylee and I'm so grateful you're my brother and sisters. I miss you all like crazy but I'm grateful to be here. I seriously love all of you SO much. You mean everything to me. Thanks for everything you do. I pray for blessings for you guys every day. Just try and do everything you can to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ and have the Atonement work in your life.
Well I couldn't ask for a better family and I'm so grateful for everything you do for me. Keep being who you are and living life. I love all of you so much and hope you all have a great week.
Love Elder Tyler Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers