Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life on Niue


Hello Everyone!
Wow I cant believe I've already been here a week on the island! How is every body doing in the family? Man, I miss you guys all so much. Its really weird to think your all having fun in the snow and all going skiing and I'm here in the HOT HUMID sun! . Well this week has been really great for me. I love being on the island and serving the Niuean people. I am like one of the only white people here. There is a few of them living here and I see some on vacation now and again. A cruise ship came to the island of Niue on Tuesday I think. It's crazy to think I'm serving my mission in a vacation spot. It was so good to read your e mails and to hear from you mom and dad. I'm glad we get to e mail every week and tell each other our cool experiences.


Well my week was amazing! Living and serving my mission on the island is unbelievably awesome! Its like a dream come true and I love it all so much. I'm having so many cool experiences and we are also having good success with the Lords work here. Last Monday and today we went site seeing! WOW the island is beautiful! There was so many cool things they showed me and I took a lot of pictures. It was incredible some of the sites we saw. This island is really cool. We also had some good lessons in the evening. Tuesday we did alot of service in the morning...but sometimes its really hard because its so hot even in the morning and flies attack you! WOW I've NEVER seen so many flies in my life. They are everywhere!! I get so hot, tired, and sweaty but its alright, we had some really good lessons. We are teaching a 17 year old girl and a 16 year old boy named Lama and Jay. They are awesome! They are brother and sister and they are progressing really well. We are also teaching a Lady Named Yoka-Peta and we are going to probably set her for baptism this week. We are also teaching a lot more people and some are progressing a lot. The work here is awesome and I know the Lord is with us here. I can feel the spirit so strong in the lessons and I've seen the Lords hands in all things here. The people here are so humble, friendly, funny, nice, spiritual, and just loving. I love being around and teaching the people here. I pray all the time for miracles and I've already seen many here in Niue. I know the Lord is with me and Elder Fanguna.

Well Wednesday was a crazy day!! We had a couple of lessons and they guess what, we killed a pig, gutted it, and roasted it over the fire! In Niue and Tonga they do that all the time. Man, it was a crazy experience. We were with the branch presidents family (the Hekau family). He has a boy that just came home from a mission named Ben and one about to leave on one. They all grabbed the pig and stabbed it! Then they gutted it and cleaned it all out. Elder Fanguna then put it on the stick and began to roast it. Guess what I ate my first weird thing! PIG FEET (like pig hoof) hahahaha...it actually wasn't that weird...just different, but the pig was really good after it was done roasting. We had a big feast with all the Hekaus' extended family. They are all so cool and really nice to me. They feed us a lot and they make really good islander food.

Thursday and Friday were really good days. We had amazing lessons, served the people, helped people out, contacted people, and tried our best to have lessons. Its kinda hard to have lessons here. At least much harder than in New Zealand! Friday night we played Volley ball with the investigators, members, and non members. Its a really good way to get to know the islanders and ask them if we can come teach them. It was really fun. They are so good at playing volley ball here and I'm getting better slowly. Saturday we did a bunch of service with the members. Ete and Sunny are both members and they help us out with service A LOT. We meet with some less actives and had a meeting with our branch president. Me and Elder Fanguna aren't the branch presidents, we are just one of the branch presidents counselors. Sunday was another great day. church was good and we had some lessons. We also had family home evening with the Hekau family.

Wow it was a great week. I am finally getting to know every ones names and getting to know everyone well. They are all so funny and really cool. I'm glad I'm serving with them. Ete comes with us a lot he is so awesome. It is really fun driving around the island to village to village for our lesson appointments. We drive a manual van. Elder Fanguna drives but I will soon.

Everything is going great here. Don't worry about any storms because there isn't any warning. I'm loving it here and I'm doing great. I'm glad your all doing good back home. Let me know everything cool that happens back home. Well I love you all so much! I will get better at writing everyone.
Well about the pictures...I will try and send some today. This computer is really slow so I don't think i will be able to send very many. I am still going to send you those DVDs with all my pictures from New Zealand on them. I will write you some letters too. So you will have a bunch of pictures then. I'm sorry I've been really bad at that. Its just crazy on a mission.

Well I really do love you all so much. I'm grateful to be apart of your family. I am also grateful to be your son mom and dad. I miss you all so much and sometimes wish I was having fun with you guys but this is where I'm supposed to be. I love my mission and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be and I'm helping his children come back to him. My testimony strengthens everyday. I love this gospel and I'm so grateful we are apart of the true and living church on the earth. Thanks for everything. your the best family I could ever ask for.
Love Elder Kitchen
PS. the mosquito's here are like monsters eating me alive, I've already bought mosquito repellent but its so expensive here, if you can maybe you can send me some if that's okay....thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers