Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hey!                                                                                                                December 2, 2013
Well a lot of changes have happened in the zone. It seems that about half of the missionaries that were here have been switched out with new ones. I'll get to who my new comp is and everything in the next paragraph...haha I'm sure you've figured out how I do my little pattern every letter. Well thanks guys for letting me know how the thanksgiving dinner went and everything. I really enjoyed hearing about it and seeing some of the pictures that you sent. I'm glad that everyone had a good time. It sounds like other than Thanksgiving dinner, you were all able to do some fun things as well. As for me and my comp, we decided at around 8 on thanksgiving night that we'd go get some pizza at Little Caesars haha. It was a different thanksgiving that's for sure. Our house is right by a Wal-mart, Sams club, Chedraui (Mexican grocery store), and like a little mall, so we have it good as far as the city life goes. Everyone kept saying that it was different and weird without me and Tyler ha I guess it feels nice to be missed. I feel like Tyler and I are the black sheep or something haha. I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon! Wow it's getting cold already up there huh? Here it is a little chilly at night too.

Well on Tuesday morning I helped Elder Betts get all of his stuff to the mission home. We had the fortune to be able to eat Sister Reeves awesome breakfast before the transfer meeting. It was something new knowing the whole transfer that I'd be getting a new companion for sure. We had a great transfer together and we really got along great. Well this time Pres. didn't call the Mayorazgo zone until the last, so I ended up knowing who my comp was before he announced it. I'm am now with Elder Rowe from SLC Utah. He is a great guy and we have a ton in common. He is my 7th comp total and my 3rd American comp. Our first day together was spent talking about golf haha because he played on the East High School golf team and he loves golf as well. We have a lot of the same hobbies. As for our week, it went a little bit slow because Elder Betts and I weren't able to find very much new investigators because of how busy we were. We still have 2 more baptismal dates for the future, and we are working on finding new investigators to teach. Funny thing is this is Elder Rowe's last transfer on his mission as well. He is going to be home on the 31st of Dec. which is a week early so that he can go to school. It's a little rough at times because he has been a bit sick for the past 6 months. He has ulcers in his stomach and a bug I think haha which makes it hard for him sometimes. We are still able to work and everything, just sometimes he has to sit down for a sec and stuff like that. There is a lot of exciting things that we are planning together though. With Christmas and all there is a lot that is happening. My birthday is on the 16th and his is on the 17th which is cool. My birthday lands on a P day so were are trying to work out with our bishop a round of golf together on his country club!! Hope it works out! We are also trying to plan a caroling in the center of Puebla as like a joint zone Christmas activity that would be big and missionary work because we'd be able to contact and everything. I'm excited for this transfer. We are still working with great investigators as well.

I love you guys! Thank you for everything. Keep in mind what the Christmas spirit is all about. I hope you don't get too cold up there in Utah. Keep that fire place running. I'm going to miss all of you over this Christmas holiday, but I know where I'm supposed to be. Next Christmas after this one I'll be with ya'll. Personally and as a companionship we have been praying to find a family to teach. Pray with us! Don't worry mama we bought a few Christmas decorations and everything. We are also going to buy a small natural tree. It's going to be a nice mission Christmas. Have a great week!

fuerte abrazo
con amor

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers