Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hi family,                                                                                                                      July 29, 2013
What's up guys how is everybody doing? Thanks for sending me some good pictures of your cousin camp! It's too bad some of us couldn't make it. Sounds like it was really fun and I enjoyed the pictures. Everybody is really growing up fast it's crazy. It rained the whole time huh? Well that makes two of us because it rains all the time here like everyday! Well at least in the city, but in this new area it hasn't rained much. I'm sure you're dying to know where I am huh? I'm glad to see that you all are safe and happy and having a good time. I'm still loving it out here in my mission. It's hard to get used to telling everybody I almost have a year on my mission. I sound like an old missionary already! It's weird how time goes by. I think about each area that I have had so far and the very different things that they taught me. I have learned so much, and I can't wait for the things I'll learn here. 

Okay fine I'll tell you all where I am right now. I'm in Atlixco, Puebla!! It's soo awesome up here! Atlixco is way up here close to the volcano, but on the oppostite side of Nealtican and Atexcac where I was before. It's about an hour and a half drive from Puebla to get up here. We took a big huge nice tour bus up here from Puebla. Looking around on the way up here I thought I was going into paradise! It's super green everywhere. After being in a city for so long it's nice to see so many green fields, hills, mountains and all that. Apparently this is the best time to be in a place like this, because it's the raining season and the green time of the year. Also, Atlixco is famous for it's flowers. I've heard about it all my mission. My companion is named Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico. That's really close to Puerta Vallerta where we went zip-lining on our cruise line a long time ago. He is a great missionary fresh out of the new Mexico MTC. It's been nice speaking in pure Spanish again...I'll have to admit I missed it. It just comes faster and more fluent when you don't have to keep turning the switch off and on. We are working in the Madero ward here pretty close to the center of Atlixco. By the way, Atlixco is not a little town or anything, it's a pretty big place, just not as big as Puebla of course. We live on this street where the Familia Lopez lives. They are a big grown up family of a bunch of brothers and all their kids and wives and they are all members of the church. We live right next to this gated community too that has a bunch of members and the chapel. There are 3 area seventy Elders, a counselor to our mission, a mission president (not here right now) and a that all live close to us-haha we are really protected. Our little flat is great I really like it. It's owned by the Lopez family. I don't have time to tell you what has been going on this week, so I'll let you know next week.

Love you guys! Keep up the good work. Thanks for everything. Mom you've been asking if I need anything, and I thought about it for a minute and I don't think I need anything, thanks for asking. What I do need is more of those prayers on behalf of these people, because my companion and I are going to baptize a lot here!! Thanks for all the prayers. Please thank everybody for all the prayers too. I really appreciated hearing that and if means a lot. Take care, and we'll talk next week!

Con Amor,
Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers