Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hey Famz                                                                                                                        July 22, 2013
What's going on guys? Sounds like the recent vacations and trip to St. George has been fun. Dad I got a kick out of your 7 month old food baby comment! I'm starting the get a little food baby going on...geez these people just don't stop feeding us haha. Thanks for the pictures. Mom thanks for sending me that talk. I'll have to print it off sometime and read it when I've got more time. Sounds like the girls had some fun in girls camp. I'm glad to hear that Jami helped Lexi out. That's really nice Jami. Dad I was wondering if you could update me on some golf stuff in you email, just some fun information about who wins and stuff like that. That's cool that Tyler went to NYC! I'm sure he had fun. I still remember walking through Times Square on HT...it is an amazing place. I'm glad to hear all is well and that you're safe and sound. 

Well.....the news is in and looks like I'm headed for a new area! I'm getting transferred. Out of the 4 missionaries in the Agua Azul ward, Elder Burden, Elder Durffee, and I all have transfers. Lots of changes. I'm excited, but sad at the same time. You really get used to a ward and area getting to know everybody and stuff. Also, Elder Burden and I have babied out new little area from the very start. It has been such a growing period here. It's pretty interesting because I have almost a year on my mission and only 2 areas!! Well that's about to change. It does get a little old sometimes visited to same people and seeing the same things. It's time for a change. I'm really excited to see what my new area brings. I know that I'm going to learn a lot training and being a new DL all in a unknown area and zone. Today we've been packing and saying goodbye to as many as we can. It's always a crazy P-day when you have transfers. Anyway, this week was really slow. We've found and taught a lot of new investigators here, but most of them are either not progressing, or have a big obstacle whether it be being busy or lack of permission. The 2 members of the Beltran Leon family that we were going to get baptized on the 20th weren't baptized because the Father refused. He hasn't been to church, he listens, but he doesn't do any commitments. He is still giving it all a chance, but he's got to start reading the Book of Mormon and going to church. It was really hard for us to see them want to be baptized and not being able. I have faith that someday the whole family will be baptized. We've also been doing the best we can to leave the area all ready for the new missionaries to come in. That's what I always want to do: leave my area better than I found it. Anyway, the meeting is tomorrow at 12 and so next Monday I'll a lot to tell ya'll.

I want to take some time to thank you all yet again for all the love and support you provide me. It really means everything. Elder Durffee and I were talking one day just about how privileged we are to live in the United States and have so many blessing that we have. It's incredible how blessed we are. Living in a different country has opened my eyes and helped me to be more grateful for all the blessings and opportunities that I've always taken for granted before. Mom and Dad I wanted to thank you so much for always taking care and providing for me over the years. Thank you for all the hard work and for the example that you've been to me. I love you ma n pops. Sometimes I think of the way we live over there and I remember back home and it literally seems like a dream. That's exactly it. We live a dream life. BE grateful for it because not everybody lives the way you do. I'm not saying that everyone lives poor and miserable here either, because they don't. There is a lot of blessed people here too. Well anyway that's my lecture for the day. :) Love you guys tons. Keep it up! Do the most important things. Don't ever forget who you are and the divine potential that you have!

Con Amor

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers