Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

*

HEY GUYS!!                                                                                                           July 1, 2013
Well I'm sure all you school-goers are getting sad that the summer is already half-way over. Mom thanks for sending me a couple pictures. That's really cool that you guys went to the Grand Canyon. It looks like you all enjoyed it. So with all the families the two older kids weren't there huh? I'm sure that must've been pretty different. WOW I can't believe it's been 9 years since I went there. I was thinking though and I swear when I went and Tyler, grandpa, and I went golfing I was older than 6th grade age. I remember golfing like an 85 and there is no way I could do that as a 6th grader haha. Dad I thought it was funny when you told me about the two weeks of being alone at home and that you're starting to talk to the dogs...hahaha. Poor guy. Hey I hope ya'll have a great time in Eden. Tell everybody HI for me :) Tyler sent me a nice phat letter. I really enjoyed reading it. I'll have to take some time next week to respond. Sounds like you're working hard Ty. That's good. He told me that he's had some cool missionary experiences which is awesome! Well drive safe and I hope you all get home without any problems. 

This week we did exchanges with Elder Durffee and Elder Villa. That went well. We kind of had an okay week. There were days where literally we had to entire day planned, and basically everything ended up being cancelled. Sometimes those days are rough, but ya pick yourself up in the morning and keep moving forward. On Monday we had that family night with the Bishop's family and our investigators. It well really well, and we had a lot of fun with the game we played. We taught about prophets. Unfortunately, Jesus the dad of the family wasn't there :( but on Saturday the whole family went to a baptismal service so that was good. On Tuesday we ate with the American couple from Spanish Fork in our ward...mmm they make some good food. They invited us to come by again real quick on Friday to eat a quick dinner with them. As we waited, Brother Tucker talked to us and gave us some really good advice on how we choose our career path when we get home and what to study in college n stuff. We also talked about the experiences in the mission and just how much one learns as he serves. It is so true. It make me reflect for a moment on all that I have learned from this experience. I have learned so much from living in a different culture speaking a different language, while working hard serving and teaching the Gospel. I love my mission.

Well I hope that you all have a great week in Eden with the family. Keep Tyler and I in your thoughts and prayers and I'll keep the family in mine. I pray often for you and I am always filled with gratitude each week as I write to you. Thanks for everything you do. This work is real. The church is true. 

Con Amor,

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers