Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kitchen Family,                                                                                              March 18, 2012
Hey everybody. Sounds like ya'll had a pretty normal week. That's pretty funny about Tyler and Cam haha I think it's funny that he is going through the exact same thing that he went through like a 6 months ago with Eric. I hope that he arrives well and everything though. Thanks for sending news and pictures on the S.G house...looks like it's comin along real nice. Also, I just wanted to comment on Lynn and Aunt Paulette and say congrats on the recent news! How's the rest of the family doing? If there is anything I can do for ya'll just let me know.

Well I'm pretty excited to tell you about what has happened this week. It's been a really cool one. We had a lot of really good lessons throughout the week, and we have some pretty good investigators. On like Tuesday I think we went looking for a house in our area because they are going to divide the area into two parts. That means there will be 4 missionaries in the same ward. That's just the start of the interesting news. On Friday we got out of a lesson and we were headed to another.  Then our zone leaders,  Elder Cruz and Elder Prosper, called us and told us to meet them at the church for something important. Elder Prosper took me in another room to give me the news that I'm going to be TRAINING a new missionary starting tomorrow!!! Wow it was big news for me. In some ways I don't feel ready, but I'm reminded that the Lord knows that I am, so I know that I can do it. It is a lot of resposibility that I will have to take on training a new missionary. I just want to do the very best I can and serve my new missionary so that he can start really strong on his mission. I am going to forget myself completely and serve with everything I've got. So on Saturday, everyone who is going to be training a new missionary went to a training meeting with President and the assistants. It was great. My companion, Elder Knowlton, is actually going to train too (for the 2nd time). Since the meeting on Saturday we have been taking care of two new American missionaries that got here a little earlier than the rest. That's been fun. So there is supposed to be like 4 Mexicans, 18 Americans, 2 from the Dominican Republic, and 1 from Costa Rica coming on Tuesday...tons huh! I'm kinda excited to see who I will be training...but nervous too. I was informed last night that I have transfers, but within the zone (they tell you if it's within the zone).  So what we are pretty sure is going to happen is that Elder Knowlton is going to stay in the house we live in now with his new missionary and I will live in the split part of this same area with my new missionary. We'll see what happens...you never know. I only have time to share one cool experience about an investigator that we found this week. He is so awesome! His name is Fernando and his is 35. He contacted us on the street while we were walking because he had recieved a Book of Mormon from someone in the North Mission. We've now taught him twice and he has gone to church once. In church he was taking notes and everthing! He has been prepared by the Lord! An Area 70 came to our ward this week and in Elders Quorum, Fernando was participating really well with the 70's message.  The Area 70 invited him to be baptized right then he accepted!! Haha wow it was awesome. This is the Lord's work.

Welp that's all the crazy news I've got for you this week. Let me know if you have any questions. PLEASE pray long and hard for me because I really need the Lord's help with training a new missionary. I feel inexperienced myself, so I'm gonna need a lot a heaven-sent help for this next couple of months. I love you all and I appreciate all of your love, support, and help that you give me week by week. Thank you so much for the way that you raised me, and the things that shaped me to be who I am. I often reflect on the great experience of being out here on a mission. It's the best experience of my life. Easily. How greatful I am for my Savior, because if it weren't for him and His Atonement, I would be lost. I love you family!

Con amor,
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers