Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Faka Lofa Lahi Atu Family (aw I miss saying that....thats hello in Niuean)

How is everything with the Kitchen family this week?? Sounds like winter is just around the corner and you'll all be up skiing and snowboarding down the mountain soon! Crazy...its weird to think about snow now...I haven't seen it for like 1 1/2 years now. But man it will hit me when I get home. I'm excited to pick up snowboarding again...I miss that a lot. Its really weird because my life is so different now than it used to be. I miss certain things and than others its good to have a break from them...like worldly things. I've never been happier and I know it is because I'm in the service of God.

Well my week this week was another incredible week. We have been teaching a lot of lessons lately...even more than we have been in the last couple of weeks. I know the Lord is helping me improve my teaching skills and I always have spiritual experiences where the spirit leads me to exactly what to say. I forgot if I have told you about Dion. He is Jessica's really good friend. We have been teaching him a lot and he has been coming to church for a while now. This week we set him for baptism for NEXT Saturday October 30!! He said yes and now we're preparing him for his date. He has a very strong testimony and has been keeping all of the commandments. He used to smoke but now hasn't had one for almost a week. He is just incredible. He is about 24 years old and is a really cool guy. He proposed to Jessica and their goal is to get married at the chapel in a couple of weeks and then be able to get sealed in the temple a year after he gets baptized. Its just awesome. Well yup this week Kylie and Jessica got baptized!! It was just a absolutely incredible experience for me and for them. I truly can't describe how it feels to know you were apart of helping someone of their whole spiritual journey...from meeting her outside her house to be with her in the waters of baptism. It is just amazing to know that I was an instrument in the hands of the Lord to bring two of his daughters into His kingdom. Yup so I was the one that baptized both Kylie Flavell-Brown and Jessica Petersen. Wow the baptismal program was wonderful and Elder 'Afa gave his first ever talk in English. He did an awesome job. Then it was just incredible to have been able to baptize Kylie and Jessica. The feeling when I raised my right arm to the square and then said the prayer and when I baptized them it just is over whelming. To see their faces after brought tears to my eyes. They both said to me they never have been more happy in their entire life. You could just see the change in them after all their sins had been washed away. And they said they felt pure and clean. Its just amazing to know that you brought someone the gospel, told them that they were a child of God, and helped them completely change their life for the better. Its simply priceless. Yesterday Elder 'Afa gave Jessica the Holy Ghost and I confirmed Kylie. Kylie told me when I was giving her the blessing she literally heard a whisper from the Holy Ghost and she could feel a change when I said "receive the Holy Ghost" It was just amazing.

The rest of the week was great. We went up to Hamilton on Wednesday and had a missionary training by President Porter. I learned a lot and as always the spirit was really strong. He truly is called from God. President Porter is a incredible servant of the Lord. When he speaks its like God is talking. He definitely speaks with the power and authority of God. I bet he will for sure be a general authority someday. Then we had interviews with him and mine went great. We have been teaching some Tongan families lately. Elder Afa is able to speak and teach in Tongan and I just bear my testimony in English. Its really a cool experience, its like I'm back in Niue kinda. We literally see so many miracles every day on the mission field. The Lord has blessed me with more spiritual experiences these past weeks then I've ever had on my mission. It seems like we are always getting lead by the Holy Ghost to someone ready to receive and accept the gospel. We have received 5 new investigators this week and each one has a unique spiritual experience. God just keeps leading you to his children when He can trust you with them and when your qualifying by being exactly obedient and having strong faith. A lot of our investigators are doing great and 3 right now have a baptism date. Dion, Timi, and Horace. We are going to try and set Lydia with a date soon. Her husband Gerald has to wait until his probation is over. Wow there is so much more about my mission and all the experiences I've been having but that's all I have time to write about.

I received a letter from the ward and it had a bunch of ward members writing letters to me that was nice. It was cool to read your letters too. I'm sorry a lot of you aren't feeling very well. Its always good to read grandma and grandpa like reading my letters. You asked about Halloween dad...in New Zealand they don't celebrate any holidays very much. So they don't really do Halloween at all. I hope all of you have a wonderful Halloween. I was so surprised when I heard grandma and grandpa got their mission call to St George...because that's where they live. Are they going to work in the temple or go tracking and stuff like I do? But I'm so happy for them. Tell them congrats! I'm so grateful they are serving another mission for the Lord. I'm excited for them...I cant wait until I go on a couple mission with my wife.

Well thanks so much for the letter mom and dad. It was great to read them. I'm sure you'll miss me during the holidays but don't worry because then next year during the holidays I'll be your early Christmas present haha. Well I'll try and write Kylie and Nick. I hope all of them and my friends read the blog so they know about my mission and stuff...ugh I wish I wasn't so busy...o well I'm focusing on what matters most and that's saving souls while I'm on a mission. Well Mom your an incredible Mom. I love you with all my heart. Don't miss me too much. Ill be back sooner than you know it. And dad your awesome...thanks for everything I love ya. Your all an incredible family. I love you all so much. Have a great week.

Love Elder kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers