Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Faka Lofa Lahi Atu and much love and greetings from the beautiful island of Niue!

Hello my dear Kitchen Family! How the heck is everyone this week??!

I hope you all are loving the warm weather and loving your summer vacation! I always loved the summer and I have so many priceless memories with all our family adventures, vacations, and all the good times we've had during the summer. I hope this email gets all of you safe, well, and happy!
Dad, Mom, Ryan, Jami, Kaylee, I just want to let you all know I love you so very much and I'm truly grateful our Heavenly Father sent me down to this earth to be apart of your family. You all mean everything to me and I don't know what I'd do without even one of you. Thanks for everything and just know your always in my prayers and in my heart!!

Oh yeah I wanted to tell you since I've been on my mission a lot of people think that out last name is unusual or really cool ....I don't think there is any last name Kitchen in New Zealand or here. Because I know there are other Kitchens in America, I just think its funny. Here in Niue I kinda have a nickname...in the Niuean Language Kitchen is Peito so people here call me Peito haha :) and whats even more funny is some of the little Niuean kids don't speak English really so they cant say kitchen so they call me chicken HAHAHA. Sometimes adults or other people call me chicken on accident or for a joke.

Well I'm doing very good out on the rock. Its warm, hot weather as usual and a very beautiful island. Dad your right I'm really used to living here. I never thought I'd live on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I'm healthy and happy. My week went really good also. Elder Fanguna is still here and we think he might leave this Friday or next. Last Monday was fun because we got a chance to play some Rugby! We played just touch rugby, not tackle. But it was really fun...It has completely different rules than football. Not just rules just everything...but I started getting the hang of it. Tuesday we did service and taught lessons. We got to watch a Joseph Smith movie with one of our investigators. Also on Tuesday the Hekaus (a very strong member family) opened their new restaurant on the island. Tuesday night was their grand opening so me and Elder Fanguna went and helped. There was a ton of people there. A lot were from the yachts. The food was absolutely amazing and there was also cool dancing entertainment. I went around and got to meet all the people from around the world. I met this couple that have already traveled around the whole entire world in a yacht!! Crazy huh? This is now their second time around. Well Elder Fanguna fire danced again and it was really cool except he burnt his hand really bad. The rest of the week we did a lot of service and lessons. Suta unfortunately has smoked again....and most of our investigators right now have stopped progressing. We have had a lot of miracles though in getting referrals and we have a bunch of potential investigators. So we are just praying really hard we will be able to teach them and they will feel the spirit. We have gotten a lot of referrals from some members. Its an extremely hard place to serve a mission but I know we can still baptize and see miracles.

My week was great and I'm just trying my hardest to serve faithfully and serve with all my heart might mind and strength. My studies are incredible and I've straightened my faith, testimony, and knowledge of the gospel so much. I love my mission so much. I'm not only saving souls and changing others lives I'm changing my life, learning so much, and becoming more of a righteous son of God. I'm being trying extra hard lately to live like the savior, to show love to everyone, to go about doing good, serving everyone I see, and just being a Christlike person.

Dad that's cool that you talked to Paulette and Mandy. Aw I miss them a lot. Tell them hello and hope everything is going good with them. Samantha is so lucky she is on heritage tours...she will love it. It was a life changing thing for me. I loved every second of it. Let me know more about how she is liking it when you hear.

Okay about my birthday package. I called the mission office and I found out that they changed mail providers and so it takes longer now. Its really annoying and frustrating I know but with this new mail provider thing I cant get mail until Mondays. The old one sometimes delivered the day it came on the plane (Friday). Well I think and really hope it came on this last plane but the problem is its a holiday here in Niue so the post office is not open. I don't know weather it came or not and I wont be able to see until tomorrow. So if its here I will receive it tomorrow otherwise hopefully next week. But please don't worry and don't be sad. I'm really excited to get it.

Well it sounds like everyone is doing great! I love reading your e mails. I miss our extended family so much too. If you can get a chance maybe tell me a little about my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. How they are doing and what they have been up to. Tell them I really do love them and I'm trying to write as always. If you could you guys should send some pictures of you, extended family, or friends.

Well I know you all probably miss me a lot and I sure miss you so much. But its only two years and when I get back we will do some really fun things. Just keep praying for me and know I'm very happy here. Please be safe this summer. And have so much fun. I'm grateful to serve so I can get blessings for our family. I really hope you all are happy and safe. Let me know everything going on with your lives. I'm having experiences here and I love telling you about them. Thanks really for everything you do. Please do everything you can to be righteous, obey the commandments, and live like the Savior. I've experienced reading my scriptures and saying my prayers everyday and it has increased every good thing in my life. I'm so much happier and EVERYTHING is better. Please read and say your prayers everyday. I promise you'll be happy, blessed, and everything will be better in your life. I love you all so much. I'm grateful your my family. Have a great safe week.
Love Your son and brother Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers