Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Dear Family,

Wow!! Hey guys how is everyone doing in Utah?! Sounds like its getting warmer and the weather is finally getting nicer....that's good to hear. Sorry my E mail is late today I'll explain why a little bit latter on. I'm just so glad to have heard from my family today. I really hope and pray everyone of you is happy and doing great. I really do miss you all so much and hope everyday your all blessed and everything good is happening in your lives.

My heart is really full this afternoon. I know you already know this but I just love you all so much. I truly am so blessed to have been raised and sent to a incredible family like ours. Mom and Dad your both incredible parents and you do so much for us children. I thank the Lord everyday for you two and the rest of our family. I also thank him everyday for my life. We truly are so blessed to have been raised in such amazing circumstances and to such wonderful parents. We have so much blessings in our family, physical and spiritual. Just know I am so grateful for everything you all do for me and for our family. I would never want to trade any one of you, I love each and everyone of you so much. And mom there really is no better mom in the universe. I can never repay what you've done for me. Like I always say your wonder-mom and I have no idea how you do what you do. Dad I cant tell you how thankful I am for everything you've sacrificed and done for our family. You've been such a great father, example, provider, and shown so much love to us children. I know that a lot of what I've had throughout my life is because your hard work everyday at your job. I love you dad and just know even if you search the world you really could never find a better dad than you. And i just want to tell you HAPPY FATHERS DAY YESTERDAY!! I hope you had a wonderful fathers day. I love you dad and that makes me so happy to hear you say your a happy dad. I wish I could have spent the day with you but just know your son out in the middle of the pacific ocean is very grateful for you and wishes you a happy fathers day. I am also so eternally grateful you both have raised us your children in the gospel. I'm so thankful for your righteous example in obeying our Heavenly Fathers commandments, being Christ like, and trying your best to be faith Latter day saints. I hope someday I will become a great parent like the ones I have.

My week out on the rock was great. Another wonderful week of missionary work. Great news!! I have a new companion!! His name is Elder Havea. He is from Liahona Tonga, he lives right next to the temple in Tonga. He has 8 children in his family and his parents are both converts to the church. They got married while they were non-members, then had missionary's over and joined together. They got sealed in the temple and have raised all 8 of their children in the church. Elder Havea's older siblings are all sealed in the temple to their spouses. Well Elder Havea is awesome! He is a great Elder and we get along very well. He is really funny, incredibly nice, very obedient, and has a very strong testimony. He loves playing rugby, does welding, and know how to do all the islander things. He has been on his mission about 4 months now. He loves Niue already and is excited to serve here with me. Its so cool I get to have the experience of having two missionary companions from Tonga.

Well I am the senior companion. Wow it is a lot different then being the Jr one. I have a lot more responsibility now and more things to do. I am a little nervous but I know and have faith I can do anything the Lord commands. I have only been out for 7 months and now I'm the senior companion in a little tiny island where its just me and my companion. So its kinda like I'm the district, zone leader, and AP for Niue. President Porter told me last Sunday (on the phone) that he really trusts me. He has extremely great faith in me and knows I will be exactly obedient. He thanked me for being such a great missionary. A couple of weeks ago one of the senior missionary ladies from the mission office told me that President Porter told her that I was an exactly obedient trustworthy missionary, she said that he said a lot of good things about me and even said "he's one of the best". I'm not letting that make me proud or anything its just good to know President Porter trusts me. I know I am here on the Lords errand, I'm his servant, this is his work, and I can only succeed if I'm exactly obedient, am completely worthy, and qualify for the Holy Ghost to guide me throughout the work. I'm not going to lie its really hard sometimes to only be out here on this tiny island with only us two missionaries. This place is a hard place to serve a mission, and its even a harder place to be the senior companion. But I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that every trial, hard experience, and difficult thing I do is a blessing from the Lord to help me become stronger, a better missionary, and a better person. I'm learning so much on my mission its unbelievable.

Well before Fanguna left we did a lot of service, some teaching, and saying goodbye to members. Wow he was really sad to leave the island. He loved it here so much and he cried when he left. I'm going to miss him but I'm really glad I have a new companion. On Saturday we were able to do some service for some members and introduced Elder Havea to some members. We also got invited to go to this members mom's 90 birthday!! Wow it was a huge Niuean Party!! Heaps of food and a lot of dancing. It was cool. Sunday was a crazy experience. I am driving the van now and it was a cool experience to drive all the members. Its a manual van (stick shift) and the roads a little plus they drive on the left side! Scary eh. well I did good and I'm getting used to it. I'm getting so much better driving a stick shift already.

Well the reason why the e mail was late and I kind of have to get off now is because today was a crazy busy day. Members asked us if we could help them do service, so I have to get off now. I will answer some of your questions next week. Oh yeah and that's so amazing that Grandpa and Grandma Ellsworth are going on another mission. I wish I could say more about it. Well I'm sorry about I have to go. Thanks for everything.

I love you all. Have a great week.
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers