Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dear Family!

WOW!! Reading your emails today were a blast. Its so good to read everything you've been up to and all the exciting things going on in your lives. I just want to say thanks so much for everything and it was nice to read about your week. But WHAT?! I cant believe its snowing there!!!! That's so crazy...I'm sorry. I cant believe it because its so HOT here. Mom I'm sure your not too happy haha.

There is a lot to tell you. Well first things first....Elder Fanguna didn't leave last Friday. The missionary that was supposed to come here had problems and wont be coming. They are trying to find a new missionary and will have to wait until he gets his passport to come here. So Elder Fanguna will be staying another week or so. So I don't have as much time as I wanted to email you guys but I do have more than last week.

Thank you so much for saying happy birthday and everything. It really is weird that I'm already 20 years old. It doesn't really feel like it....I bet it makes you guys feel old too! Well Saturday was a great day. It didn't feel that much like my birthday but the members told me happy birthday. Elder Fanguna was nice and gave me two really nice ties, and a member made me a birthday cake. I'm sorry mom to say but I didn't receive the package yet....its really okay and I will check to see if the post office has it today. If not then it will probably come next Friday on the plane for sure. Sunday the Hekaus made me a really nice cake, ice cream, and a really fancy dinner for my birthday. They all sang to me and they were really nice. Well my birthday was extremely different this year than in the past but it was amazing. It truly was incredible because I'm in the service of the Lord. It made me feel so happy to know that on my birthday I got to be on a mission serving my Heavenly Father. We just did normal teaching and visiting and I just was really happy all day. I got to read Sam Smith's letters she sent me on my birthday so that was fun. I know you really wanted to tell me happy birthday mom and I just want to let you know that you kinda did. On Saturday we email president so when I got into my email I saw your email that said happy birthday. It meant a lot. I love you so much. I know you all missed me and I felt your love and wishes for me on Saturday. I missed you all so much but it was a great day. Thanks again for everything.

I'll just go over a little what happened this week. This past week the members had thrown a lot of goodbye parties for Elder Fanguna since they thought he was leaving. They had me kill another pig hahaha. The parties were really cool, we watched a lot of dance entertainment and got to eat heaps of really good food. Thursday we prepared for him leaving and then got the call he wasn't after all. He was so happy because he loves this place. We had some lessons and it was a great day.

Friday was a very cool day. We had 4 incredible lessons. The spirit was very strong. Our investigators are progressing good...well some. I know Suta will probably get baptized soon. I can feel the spirit so strong and I know he knows the church is true.
Then on Saturday, like I said was great, we had 3 really good lessons, visited a lot of people, and everyone was so kind in wishing me a happy birthday.

Sunday we finally finished watching General Conference. It was very good and the spirit was strong. We had a big birthday lunch with the Hekaus and they made me a cake. We also had some lessons and found someone we are going to teach and it looks really good that we will probably baptize her. We had good success this week and I know the Lord is blessing us.

Well I will answer some of your questions. President Porter did tell me I'll be the senior companion when the new missionary comes so we'll see when he does. Oh yeah President and his family called me on my birthday and sang to me. They wished me a happy birthday and told me they loved me. It was so nice. My cough is much better. I went to the doctor and they said I had a minor throat infection. They gave me anti-biotics and I've been taking them. My throat is much better now.

oh yeah mom I get to give a lot of blessings here in Niue. The members always call the missionaries whenever someone is sick. Like on my birthday I gave a blessing to a really sick member.

Sorry this email is so random its just it seems like a lot has happened. I can't believe this week is the last week of school! That's so crazy! Well have a great summer! I'm sure Ryan, Jami and Kaylee are really excited. I'm glad to hear they all made the honor roll! Congrats guys!! :) :)
Well I just wanted to say thanks mom for up dating me with my friends. I never got to say much about Cams call! That is so cool you guys got to watch him open his call. I can't believe he's going to Colorado! That's awesome and I'm so happy for him and its great he gets to learn Spanish. I really am going to write him a letter soon...I think today. But if you get a chance tell him I'm so happy and excited for him. Also about Logan's call...Costa Rica! That's awesome, and James' call!! Texas!! wow that is crazy!! All my friends are leaving and getting their calls it seems like all at once. I'm so happy for all of them and wish I could tell me congrats! I know all my friends will love their missions. And I feel bad about not writing Kenzy for a while. I'm glad you got to see her.

Well there is so much going on and so much more I want to write about. I wish we could write for hours or talk. It seems like a lot is going on back home. I'm sad I wont be able to attend any of my friends mission farewells. You should go and tell me how they were. Well I really do feel horrible for not writing any family yet....Grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles. I really do love them with all my heart and wish I had the time to write each one of them a letter. I'm going to try and do better. Maybe next week I will save an email for my grandparents. JUST Please let them know that I love all 4 of them with all my heart! I miss them like crazy! I'm so grateful for everything they do especially helping me out on my mission. Tell them thanks and I love them for me please.

Well I hate to say goodbye but I need to go. I love reading emails and catching up on everything. Just know I'm doing very well, my birthday was great, and my mission is changing my life. I miss you all so very much. And I love you all. I truly am grateful for everything you guys do mom and dad. I'm sorry I cant write more but thank you. Your the best parents ever. I'm glad your week is going great. Please have another incredible week. Be safe, have fun and just know I love and miss you. May the Lord bless our family as I serve Him. You mean everything to me and I'm truly grateful to call myself your son. Have a wonderful week.

With much love....Your missionary son, Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers