Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Faka Lofa Lahi Atu Family!!
How the heck are you guys this week?! I hope everything is going great. It sounds like it from your letters. I cant believe I will get to talk to all of you on the phone this Sunday!! I'm really excited. I can remember our last time during Christmas and we said its going to be 5 months until the next time we get to talk to each other, and now its almost here! Can you believe I've been on my mission for almost 6 months!! That's crazy huh....almost 1/4 of the way done with my mission. And my birthday is coming up too! I cant believe I'm going to be 20 years old...its weird to think. Well thanks again for everything. I love everything you do for me and you really are the best family.

Well my week this week was pretty good. Last Monday on P-day we went golfing again! It was really fun and I did good. It's cool to golf and sometimes the golf ball hits a palm or coconut tree instead of a pine tree! We also did some other fun things and I got to write some of my friends letters. Tuesday was a pretty normal teaching day. We had some lessons and helped our investigators. Wednesday we had another really good teaching day. The spirit was definitely with us and it helped me know exactly what to say several times as we tried to help one of our investigators with her concerns. Thursday we did some service and helped a lot of people out. We didn't teach much. Friday was kind of a long day and we didn't have much success teaching or helping people out. We played volleyball again just like every Friday. I'm getting better slowly....man the islanders are just so dang good at volleyball. Saturday we did a TON of service. We did service from 7:00 a.m. until about 2:00 pm! We helped so many members and investigators cut their grass, do yard work, and anything we could help with. This mission is definitely teaching me how to work really hard. So when I get back I will be able to work a ton on our yard and it will feel like a piece of cake haha. I feel bad because some of the people here are so poor and they don't have anyway to cut their grass so we go help them. I don't know if I ever said this but yeah there is a lot of poor people here. They have really small, not nice at all, and falling apart houses. This mission has taught me in so many ways to be extremely grateful for the things I have. It has humbled me a lot and I realize we have so much back home. We are truly blessed by unmeasurable amounts. We watched the morning session of general conference Saturday night too. It was so good, I took so many notes and learned so much. Church yesterday was great. Guess what! I bore my testimony in Niuean! A member wrote me a short and simple testimony in Niuean and I just read it at church. I didn't pronounce everything that great but it was still a cool experience and all the members said I did great. That was basically my week. The work here is progressing slowly. We still are having so many trails with our investigators. They are having a lot of trouble keeping the commitments and some of them are ready for baptism but we have other problems with their family or village. But me and Elder Fanguna will keep praying and having faith.

It sounds like everything is going great with you guys. I miss you all a lot. I'm glad we get to talk on the phone and I can hear all your voices. I really do sometimes wish you could all be here experiencing these incredible things with me but I'm glad you get to read them and see some of the pictures. I'm glad you all loved my letters to each of you, I loved writing them.

Well I wish I could just tell you more but as always I don't have a ton of time. I just want you to all know I love reading your e mails. It means so much to me to read that your all doing good, loving life, and having so many cool things happen. I'm so thankful for all the nice things you tell me and all the encouragement you give me. It means so much to me and I love reading them. Thanks also just for everything. Your the best family ever. I can feel your prayers and pray everyday that the Lord will bless you all. Keep being safe, happy, and enjoying everything about life. Just know I love you all so much. I miss you like crazy, and I'm so grateful to be apart of your family. I will talk to you on the phone on Sunday! Make sure you write down things you want to ask me or whatever! I love you.
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers