Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Faka Lofa Atu Family!




I'm sorry it has taken me this long to e mail you guys! I hope you weren't worried or whatever. We were extremely busy doing service and helping the people out we had no time to e mail yesterday so we decided to do it today. We had some problems with our Internet but we worked something out....that's why it taken so long.

I love to read your e mails each week and read what you all have been doing. Thanks so much for all the things you tell me and up dates on everything. I really enjoy reading them. How has our family been this week? It sounds like you've been doing really good. School and work are probably really busy and crazy still. Is snowboarding over yet? or is there still snow? So you've already had spring break so now your on your last leg of school and then you'll all have a break. I bet your really excited for summer and the nice weather. What are you guys doing this summer? Any fun vacations planned or cool things you've already planned for summer so far? It feels weird sometimes not being in Utah and seeing all my friends and especially you guys. I miss everything so much and sometimes I start thinking about memories from the past but I just stop myself and move on. That's only sometimes though. I love my mission and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Well my last week was alright. It wasn't that great. Some of our investigators are not progressing as well as I would want. Two of our investigators (Yoka and Elijah) set for this Saturday pushed their dates back. They are not ready and having some word of wisdom issues. Some of the things this week were really hard too....the islanders are just so laid back and chill people sometimes its hard to work with them. We found out Yoka has been lying to us and she still has word of wisdom issues. I got a little discouraged because some of the things that happened this week but I'm okay now. I just have to keep having faith, qualify for miracles, and trust in the Lord. I pray so much. I just want to help these amazing people so bad and its hard to see them not keep commitments. Satan is still definitely here on the island of Niue.

Last Monday was awesome. We got to go fishing in the ocean. It was so cool because the water was so clear and the fish were so beautiful. We were fishing in the reef, and the fish were so cool. You could see them eating your bait in the water and catching them. I never caught any fish because it was so hard. They would just eat my bait off but not get hooked. It was still really fun though. We saw a huge reef shark too! It was so cool. They tried to get it closer to the surface so we could take pictures. They used dead fish on a pole as bait. It was really cool to just relax and fish and look out into the beautiful ocean. Niue is so cool and there is some really breath taking sites you can see here.

Well this week we did a lot of service, taught lessons, and had some branch activities. We helped a member build his roof on his house. It felt like my building construction class from high school. It brought back good memories and they were surprised I knew so much about building a house. We also helped some other members move, cut some investigators grass, yard work, and a bunch of other service. Well not a whole lot happened this week. So that's pretty much all I can think of.

It was kinda bad weather yesterday. Don't worry or anything but I thought it was going to be a hurricane! HAHA, it wasn't that bad but the ocean was really rough, the coconut trees were blowing so hard in the wind, and there was so much rain. It is good weather today so I don't know why. I've heard a little about some of the natural disasters around the world. There has been a lot since I have been on my mission. Signs of the times huh?

I wish I had time to write some of my friends yesterday. We are only supposed to write friends and family on P day. That's why its so hard because we are usually busy doing other stuff. I really want hear from them. Thanks mom for putting some of the stuff you do hear from them. Its fun to read. That's also really cool about Amy and Bob and Esther and Lindsay going on a cruise. I'm glad they got to do something cool like that. Tell Grandpa and Grandma hello and I love them. Also tell Grandpa Ellsworth happy birthday for me!! :) I miss all our extended family so much. It feels like I haven't seen some of them in forever!

Well that's really cool about prom for Ryan. I wish I could be there to cheer him on and everything. I bet he'll have a lot of fun. Let me know what he did and stuff when you find out. We heard Elder Fanguna will be getting transferred next transfer. So he has 5 more weeks left and then I'll get a new companion. I'll be the senior companion, well at least of the area. I have eaten fish and chips and its really good here. I like fish a lot more now than I used to. Oh yeah and we didn't get to watch general conference yet...I guess they said we are watching it next Sunday. Oh yeah and mom I loved seeing those cool pictures of my friends from last week. I would love it if you could find more and send me some. I would love if you guys would send some of our family too. I am excited for you to all get my pictures also. I hope you all love them.

Yeah well I hope everything is going great with our family. I hope everyone is safe, healthy, and happy. I miss you all so much. I love you all more than anything. Your an incredible family. Mom and dad I love you both so much. Your amazing parents and you've raised me to become the person today. I know I wouldn't be on a mission if it wasn't for you. You've both changed my life and I couldn't ask for better parents. I wish I could be a part of your lives right now. Thank you again for everything. I really loved the Easter package and everything. Well I have to go....I'm sorry. I don't like having to stop emailing. If you can let me know anything about my friends, cousins, Ryan, Jami, Kaylee, and of course you two, I love to hear about everything. Well have a wonderful week. I love you.
Love your son, Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers