Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Faka Lofa Atu Family!!




Hello Family!!
I'm so glad I get to write you this e mail. This first email I'm going to answer your questions from last weeks email and finish telling about last weeks experiences then I'll send one on this week.

There was just a couple of things I wanted to tell you but I never had time last week.
My interview with President Porter went really good. It was a longer interview because he only sees us like once the whole time were here in Niue. He gave me a lot of good advice and encouragement. The next day we dropped their family off at the airport. Man the week President was here went really fast. They loved it here in Niue and I loved having them here. We said good bye and they got on the plane. Right after we dropped them off we headed over to Suta's house to have a lesson with him. When we got there he was trying to help his brother in law carry this huge mom pig into her cage. Well they couldn't do it alone so we decided to help! So we lifted this HUGE dirty muddy mother pig into her cage. We had our nice white shirt and ties on. It was hilarious, mud got everywhere and then we washed it off. It was just a funny experience.
The next day was Sunday and we had a really amazing fireside I didn't get to tell you about. It was a musical fireside all about Jesus Christ because it was Easter Sunday. Wow everyone sang so good and the spirit was so strong. There was a ton of members there and even a lot of non members. I sang a song with Eelder Fanguna, Ben, and Ofa. It went so well, but really the fireside left everyone in tears including the non members. Easter Sunday was just awesome and it'll be an Easter I will never forget.
The very next day (last p day) we went to the early morning branch Easter party. It was so cool. We had a testimony meeting early in the morning and then the kids had a really cool Easter egg hunt. We did some activities and then ate breakfast. It was a really good steak and egg breakfast. Man they cook amazing here...its probably because its so fattening. Well after we did a bunch of activities...we did this really cool group singing competition...it was funny. Then we all played islander music. Awe really it was so chill and relaxing. I laid down in the hammock and they played islander music. It was awesome. Then guess what dad, a member wanted us to play golf with him so we did. He didn't tell us it was a tournament!! So me and Elder Fanguna played in a Niue Golf Tournament! HAHAHA! We played a 4 man scramble. It was really really fun. I played alright and we used my ball some times. Our team got second place out of the whole tournament. We shot 5 under par...I know that score probably shouldn't be good enough to get second place! So last P day was awesome! We were so busy doing that we didn't have time to email much.

Now I will answer your questions from your last email.

Well you asked about General Conference. Here on the island because its so small it didn't play live. What happens is it plays live in New Zealand but then right after it finishes the mission office works really hard to put together DVDs and then they send it over to Niue so the members and us can watch it. We actually just received it today so we'll probably get to watch conference really soon. I'm really excited.

About our meals, most of the time we eat with members. Almost every dinner and a lot of times lunches and breakfasts. They are just amazing at feeding the missionaries here. We like never cook at our house.

Well that's an update on last week.

It sounds like you guys had a blast in St George. I'm so glad you guys could have a chance to go on a fun vacation and play in the nice warm weather. I bet it was really fun to ride bikes, hike, go golfing, and just enjoy family. I'm glad that you got to read my e mail last week with everyone...I bet they just loved it. Man I'm really having experiences I will never forget here. I love this island and the people here. I feel very blessed I get to serve here.

Well this past week has been an incredible week. Two weeks ago I had a extreme culture experience of a lifetime and this week I've had a spiritual week of a life time. I don't have a ton of time but I'll tell you some of the spiritual experiences I had. Ugh I cant remember if I told you but two Fridays ago we set Suta for baptism!! It was an incredible lesson and he is excited to get baptized on May 1st! Well this week on Tuesday we had an very spiritual experience. We got prompted to go see a previous investigator of Elder Fanguna and Elder Whits. Her name was Ane. We started teaching her and finding out what she remembered. She had remembered everything and was still reading the Book of Mormon. Long story short Elder Fanguna was prompted by the spirit to ask her if she wanted to be baptized. She got emotional and said she got an answer that was what she needed to do. So she is also set for May 1st!!
Then on Thursday we had a lesson with Elijah. We have taught him a lot and he has kept every commitment. We had an amazing lesson on the gospel and talked a lot about baptism. We didn't know if we were going to set him. But during the lesson I just got a really strong feeling to ask him, so I did and he said he got an answer that the church is true and whats to become a member!! So Elijah is set for April 24!! Can you believe that? Such incredible miracles the Lord has blessed us with. And it doesn't stop there.
Guess what, we had a lesson with Yoka Peta on Friday and we just started teaching the lesson like normal, and she interrupted us and said Elders...I prayed really hard on what I should do about the divorce with my husband and getting baptized. I got an answer...I want to be baptized by the end of this month!!! so we set her for April 24 as well!!! WOW it was just so amazing. I've felt the spirit so incredibly strong this past week its unreal.

So right now we have 4 people with baptism dates!! That is truly blessings from the Lord and miracles he was given us because of our exact obedience and faith. I really need your prayers especially for these 4 people. Please pray that they will be baptized and that they will overcome Satan's temptations. I would love it if you could.
This week really has been absolutely amazing. Its just so many miracles from our Heavenly Father. I wish I could go into more detail about them just know they were extremely incredible spiritual experiences.

Saturday I got to plant some Taro for the first time. It was cool we went out clear in the bush and did it. It was a cool experience. Sunday was a great day at church. I love blessing the sacrament every week here. Its a cool experience also to be in such a tiny branch compared to our huge ward back home. We did trade offs also. I went with Ofa. We had 3 really good lessons.

I sent the package to you guys with letters I wrote each of you and then two DVDs. It left Niue on Friday on the plane. So let me know as soon as you get it. There is a letter for each of you. And there is a DVD that has all my MTC pictures and New Zealand pictures. And then there's a DVD that has all of my Niue pictures so far. I bet your going to love it. Sorry it took so long...I feel bad you haven't gotten hardly any pictures from me. So your going to get a ton when the package arrives. I'm sure you'll love all the cool pictures.

Oh yeah HAHAHA I got that really funny Hamster Dance Song card you guys sent me. It was hilarious. I opened it and it kinda startled me when it started playing music. I was surprised and then I just laughed so hard. Elder Fanguna thought it was absolutely hilarious. Awe your just the best family ever! I loved the card so much. Thank you. I just love you guys for always thinking about me and sending me cool things like that. That is a hilarious song!!

I finally got the Easter Package today!! WOW!! Thank you so much!! I loved it! You really do send me the coolest packages and they always have so much good things in them. I truly am grateful you send me such cool packages. I loved it. Thanks for the bug spray too. Oh yeah the golden egg was awesome...how did you get New Zealand money?? Well just I love you so much and thanks for sending it. Mom you really made it look so cool and I just love your packages. Your the best.

Well I kinda have to go now....your really an incredible family. I love you all so much. Thanks for all the cool things you send me. I hope you like the letters and the DVD I sent you. I'm so excited to talk to you on mothers day! We have a phone but I don't know exactly how were going to call you. I have to go but I love you so much.
Have a great week. Be safe. And remember to pray for the people here.
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers