Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas from New Zealand

Hey Mom, Dad, Ryan, Jami, and Kaylee!!
It sounds like your Christmas holidays are going really good! I bet your excited for Christmas! I forgot if I told you but we are going to 3 different members houses for Christmas!! CRAZY huh?? We are going to the Huntley's for Christmas breakfast then Sister Colliers house for lunch, and then the Sunnexs house for Christmas dinner! So I'm going to be well fed. I haven't gotten the package yet. Or the letter. But they said if they get Christmas packages before Christmas they will make an extra effort to get them to us. I hope they give me them but if not I'll just open them when I get them. Thanks so much for sending me one though! I'm excited to open it. Well I'm going to miss you all so much at Christmas! I'm going to miss being with you all and everything around the holidays, especially snowboarding. But I'm enjoying the holidays here. We go up to the temple Christmas lights every even night of December! We get to listen to the choirs and see all the awesome lights. We go around and talk to non members and try and get referrals and to tell them to go to the visitor center. We had our first zone conference last week on Thursday the 17th. It was SO cool. We had a really spiritual Christmas program! It was amazing. We focused on Jesus Christ so much and President Porter gave an amazing talk of the Savior! It was so powerful. We focused of the birth and life of the Savior, and also the saviors resurrection. This Christmas has already been an unforgettable Christmas because it is SO focused on Jesus Christ and the true meaning of Christmas. We had a huge Christmas feast during zone conference, wow it was really good. We also did a ton of other cool things at zone conference. It was really good. I got to see Elder Belnap too! (my MTC companion!) and after zone conference I had my first interview with the mission president! He is so funny and is a way cool mission president. He has such a strong testimony of the savior and the church. He is extremely nice and is funny too. We had a good talk and he said he knows I'm going to be an incredible missionary. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you the New Zealand mission has broken the all time record of baptisms this year (2009) for the history of this mission. This mission is a mission full of miracles. So far in 2009 they have baptised 1,027 people this year!! But anyway President Porter said he knows that Heavenly Father knows how much success the mission is having and is sending some of the best missionaries to New Zealand for 2010 year! He told me he believes I'm going to be a incredible missionary. Dad, I told him you were best friends with his younger brother Jeff. He said he remembers you and wants to wish you the best holidays. Sister Porter is also amazing! She has such a sweet spirit and is seriously one the nicest ladies I have met. Well I have had some amazing spirtual miricles and experiences this past week. We are finding a lot of investigators and many amazing things are happening here. I can feel the spirt all the time on my mission and its so amazing. Well we are probably going to set the baptism date for some of our investigators soon but none of them have a baptism date yet. It's kinda hard for me because some of them have a testimony they are just not keeping the commitments to read and do everything they should. We will just have to keep working with them. Its increible to see people start accepting the gospel in their lives. Well about the calling thing on Christmas. I was planning on calling you on my Christmas day (so your Christmas eve). But I forget what time it is there when its a certain time here.....I can call you anytime on my Christmas so you can still go to the Christmas eve party. But I just need to know what time! What would be best for you. I think they want us to call on our Christmas because on yours it will be the day after Christmas here and we will probably be proselyting. Merry Christmas Family!! And happy Holidays!! I'm very excited to talk to you all on the phone. I miss you so much. I'm having a great time in New Zealand! Thanks for your prayers and for everything. I'm praying for each one of you every night. I love you all so much! Love, Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers