Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Hey guys                                                                                                                        June 16, 2014
Wow! That was a cool picture mom! I can't believe you guys are on the Virgin Island. Where is that anyway? I don't remember. Oh by the way, I have a good mission friend from Puerto Rico, and he's actually the assistant to the president right now. His name's Elder Iñesta. Dad I hope you had a great Father's day. You sure deserve a to be honored on that for everything that you have done for our family. I was going to write a few things to mom so that she could print if off for you, but I didn't have time last week at the internet to right. Sounds like you all had a really interesting weekend. Dad I got a kick out of you stroll through the strip in Vegas with Uncle Lindsey. I'm sure Vegas is getting worse and worse as time goes on. Well mom and Jami, be safe and have a great time. I'm glad that you're able to go on a great trip :) That's cool that Tyler's doing so well out in Dallas working. I'm sure it's just super hot out there!! 

Well here in the Tehuacan ward Elder Conrad and I baptized our investigator named Armando!! He is awesome. I'm glad we were able to teach him and get to know him. He had to really make some changes in his life. He used to be a drinker, but about a year before he met us, he stopped drinking and started to change. It's a testimony to me that the Lord prepares those that are ready to listen to the Gospel. We were able to teach a lot of lessons this week, and we have some really good lessons set for this week. I'm not sure if I told you about Jonathon yet. He is the boyfriend of one of the members here in the ward. They're aren't married yet and they have two kids...they are just living together. About a 3 months ago the missionaries were teaching him and he wanted to get baptized. They told him that he couldn't until he got married. He starting having doubts and couldn't accept that he had to complete with man's law before God's law of baptism. The missionaries stopped going for a time. Elder Conrad and I started visiting him again and studied really good to be able to answer his questions with the Spirit. We had an awesome lesson on marriage and the law of chastity. The Spirit was felt and he got his answers. They are now going to get married and he is going to get baptized!!! Awesome stuff. We're happy for them. We're going to help them with the marriage process and even be some witnesses at the wedding. 

Well things are going great over here. Keep telling me what's going on with you guys. I love hearing from you all and being able to see that you're happy and healthy. Keep doing to right things and being strong in the Gospel. We also had this way spiritual experience with this investigator named Benjamin who is 18 years old. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and re invited him to be baptized. He wasn't too sure about baptism before, but his time he said, "I wasn't too sure before, but now I know it's true. He is going to be baptized on the 28th of June :) We have other people on the way as well. I love you guys! Have a great week!!

con amor,
Elder Ryan Kitchen

P.s I'm on the last week before the start of my last transfer...wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers

Blog Archive