Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

HELLO!!                                                                                                                        July 7, 2014
Well I'm officially in the last month of my mission. This week went pretty well. Elder Conrad are I are still doing great, and great in our area! Sounds like everyone is busy and enjoying the 4th and all that. We were going to do some stuff, but we ended up not doing anything on the 4th...that's okay, I'm in Mexico so it's not a big deal here. Yeah dad we saw president in a special meeting on Tuesday and they introduced themselves and everything. They are from northern Idaho, actually where there isn't many members. He is really cool! Funny too. It's weird because he is like "Greenie" and us older missionaries feel really really old now. It's cool though, I'll prob get to know him a little bit. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Wow guys that's awesome. 25 years...that's great. Now you got at least 25+ to go ;) haha nice! I'm glad everyone had a good 4th. That's pretty crazy that everyone is going on trips or working n stuff. I guess that's always how it gets in the summer. Mom that's cool you talked to Elder Conrad's mom. They seem like a great family. I hope they'll get to go to my homecoming. By the way, when is my homecoming exactly?? I think you told me already, but I don't remember. Has the bishop already told you guys? I'm really excited for Jami and how she's going on Heritage Tours! I know she'll have a great trip and it will help her testimony grow. 

Well this week Elder Conrad and I weren't able to teach as much as other weeks, but we were able to baptize our investigator, Miriam!! We got everything ready and she was baptized yesterday on Sunday. She is awesome!! From the first time we taught her, she was willing to change and to keep the commandments. She already had a desire to get baptized and we were privileged to just prepare her. We are struggling with finding new people to teach with all the ones that we have right now. We still have 3 baptismal dates programmed. One for the 20th, and 2 for the 26th. We are teaching this awesome less active family that finally went to church yesterday!! Their two sons are going to be baptized on the 26th, Manuel, who is 12, and Pedro, who is 10. I'm really happy here and I feel blessed with many great people to teach at the end of my mission. We hope to help Jonathan get married so that he can be baptized round the 3rd of August... like my very last Sunday!! I hope it happens. 

Well that's all for me. Mom, Dad, I hope you have a great anniversary! Have fun, you deserve it. I hope all you guys and I'm so happy to be serving and I'm also so excited to see you all in a month! But like mom says...I'll try not to think about it too much :) Stay strong.

con amor,
Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers

Blog Archive