Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Hey guys!                                                                                                           March 31, 2014
Wow dad you scared me with the golf story and Tyler and all. Man I still can't believe that Tyler got hit by a golf ball on the head...poor guy. I'm really glad that he's okay though...man the way you explained it and all freaked me out. That's pretty nuts that he got stapled in the head. So he is doing alright? Let him know that he's in my prayers and that I hope he gets well soon. Sounds like other than that, things went pretty well this week for everybody. Mom good luck with clear creek and all. I remember that I did go around making mischief, but that's kinda just how I was as a kid haha. That's cool to hear about more mission calls in the ward. He will leave just as I get back...wow he won't be done until 2016!! Crazy. Year I'm pretty sure Tyler Cox will also get back around the same time as me too because he was in the MTC with me.

Anyway this week was kinda rough. Like I mentioned before, we dropped some investigators that weren't progressing and have been looking for new ones. It's tough because we'll find some good ones and they'll accept us and everything, but when we go back for another visit they aren't there. There is obstacles in little towns, but it's okay we'll keep working hard to find the chosen. Yeah mom we have been working with the wards we have to do those activities about every two weeks. They should work out pretty good. We did another on Friday, but because of lack of communication with the ward and how fast it came up, there wasn't much success this time. It's okay we learned from our mistakes and we hope to do better next time. We did exchanges (splits)...divisions whatever you what to call them with a companionship that is in their training. I went there with the trainer Elder. We had a great day. We were able to find two new families with a total of 7 new investigators!! It was cool. Well the transfer has come to an end here. SUPER FAST HUH? It seems like yesterday that I arrived here in Nealtican with my new companion Elder Sanchez. Guess what? Elder Sanchez is transferring, so I will be receiving my 5th new companion in 5 transfers. I'm on a streak right now. Maybe I smell bad or something...haha jus messin'. This is a lot of changes in our zone here, so this week should be kinda busy for us. We also have the mission council on Friday. It will be my 6th one now. It should be great as always. 

Well it's good to hear from you guys each week.  Keep up the good work guys. Dad you reminded me to tell that story. It is a story that Elder Montoya talked about in his talk at stake conference, and not from Bishop Mendez. Just as he was finishing up his talk he said that he'd finish by telling an experience and how this experience helps him understand the Atonement of Christ. His youngest son is 25 or something and he said that he was a trouble maker when he was a little kid. When he was 3 years old they were adding on to their house on the second floor. The workers always left their equipment there tucked away each day, ready to be used the next day. One day when on of the workers forgot to put away a ladder, his son went exploring upstairs. He got up on the latter and climbed to the top where he was trying to lift himself up onto a ledge (behind him was an open space that went dropped down to the ground outside). Suddenly the ladder fell and he was hanging for dear life. He began to scream for help "Papi!" "Papi!" Help me!! Elder Montoya was downstairs and was able to hear the cries of his son. He rushed to his aid and just in time as the strength of his son was to give out, he arrived to save him. He explained how glad he was to arrive and to be able to save his son. He continued, another Father, and another Son were found in a similar situation that dark night in Gethsemane. The Son suffered, but so did the Father. As He hung in agony on the cross he cried out: Eloi, Eloi, "Papi!" "Papi!" Why hast thou forsaken me? The Father allowed His Son to suffer for each of us. As much as he may have wanted to save him...he let it happen for the salvation of each one of us. I felt really touched as we testified so boldly of the Atonement. I hope you all can catch the Spirit of his testimony that day. I also know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and friend. Anyway I hope you have a great week!! Love you guys.

Con amor

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers