Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hey fam,                                                                                                                        April 7, 2014
It's good to hear from all of you! Thanks for always writing me. I'm glad to hear that all is well and especially glad to hear that Tyler is doing better. That was a scare. That's cool that you guys went down to St. George for spring break. I forgot that it was spring break for you guys. I guess at UVU it was like in March right? I still remember that awesome road trip that Tyler and I with a bunch of friends went on. That was a super fun trip. Well I hope you guys have fun down there. I'm still pretty excited to see the house. I'm sure you guys are pretty used to it by now, but I'm still excited about it haha. That's cool to hear about Jami's friend that's going to be baptized this weekend! How cool. Who are the missionaries that teach her? Are there more missionaries in our stake now that more have gone out on their missions, or is it about the same? I think I remember that before I left there was like a pair of sister missionaries for the whole entire stake. You all asked about conference. We tried getting it in English, but we didn't have very much luck this time. The Internet wasn't working very well, so we watched it with the satellite signal in the stake center, but in Spanish. I understand everything just fine, but it's just not the same listening to a translator instead of their real voices. It was good though and I really liked it. We tried our best to get people to it and invited and even passed by for many, but at the end of the day we didn't get anyone there. Oh well. It's apart of the mission :)  

Well this week has blown by really fast. Last Tuesday we went to the transfer meeting and everything. I was anxious to see who my new companion would be. They announced our zone first. I am now with Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado. He is a great missionary and a way cool guy. He is from the same generation as my last companion Elder Sanchez, so we has around 18 months on the mission. It's been nice being with a people now that doing have quite as much time like the ones that ended their missions with me. Elder Christensen played baseball in high school like me and is really smart and a good singer. He went to BYU Provo for a year before his mission and is going to study mechanical engineering with a focus on like space ships and air planes. Sounds really cool. He is a brand new Zone Leader, so I'm showin' him the ropes. This week after the meeting we had to help the zone get to their areas and all that, so we weren't able to do much on Tuesday. We had a couple of normal days, and then we went to the mission council in Puebla on Friday and that lasted most of the day, then the weekend was full of conference. This week is going to be even crazier. We have the zone meeting tomorrow and then Zone conference on Thursday. Yes there is a difference, dad. The zone meeting is just us the zone leaders and the zone. We give announcements, talk about mission rules, goals, and we teach the zone and do practices. The goal is to transmit was we learned in the mission council and we do it every month. It's a new meeting for missionaries. Now the zone conference is with Pres. Reeves and is only once every three months. It's longer and everything. So this week is going to be really busy as well. In our area we are just really trying to get some new investigators. 

My favorite talk in conference was the talk that President Thomas S. Monson gave during the priesthood session. I loved the question that he asked all of us: "brothers, are we the same person no matter where we are or who we're with?" I feel like it was a really good question and a good talk. I really like it. Well I hope that you all have a great week. Oh, I got grandpa kitchen's letter! It was awesome. Can you send me his email again so I can email him? I would send a letter, but honestly it's kind of a difficult process to find a post office and everything. There isn't one here in the town. Thanks for everything that you guys do and the support. I love you all!! 

Con amor
Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers