Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hey fam!!                                                                                                                       April 21, 2014
Sorry you all didn't get my letter last week. I swear that I sent it…but oh well. I sent it right when I got on today, so it should get there. That means you'll get to read two letters this week :) Let me know if things aren't sending. Well I enjoyed your letters this week. Thanks for those pictures! That Easter dinner looked really good. I can't wait to enjoy your amazing cooking mom!!! You have no idea. Yeah Dad we totally did feel the earthquake. We were studying around 9:30 am and the whole house started shaking and moving, it was way weird. It was the first time that my and comp and I had felt an earthquake like that. It really wasn't that strong, but we've never felt one. Actually all the people here didn't even say anything. They are really used to them.  Mom that's cool how me and Tori might have a homecoming talk together. That would be really cool. I got my package! We went to the offices today to get a ton of material and it was there. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm sure it will be awesome, so I'm excited.

Well this week was pretty good. We have been finding new investigators and we found an awesome part member family this week. We are going to try and invite them to be baptized with dates this week, so pray so that they'll accept!! We are excited because we also have a lot of new appointments for new people. Things are looking up. Also in the zone we had an increase of 10 baptismal dates this week, so things are going pretty good. I love my companion! He is great and we are getting along just fine. He is a really good guy. Today we went to the offices like I said before and they are right by Chile's restaurant. We ate there and then got materials for the work. I took a picture for you guys. We also had a ward anniversary and ward conference this week. At the activity on Tuesday we ate and saw all the organizations do their programs. There is a lot of mariachi here and one of the groups played. It was cool! They are really talented. Things are going good. This week is going to be pretty calm, but the week after that we are going to have a ton of things going on. I'll let you know about it next week.

Well I love you guys. That's way cool that Jami gave a talk in church. I'm sure she did really good. As missionaries over this Easter week we thought of and taught a lot about Jesus Christ and His atonement. We especially focused a lot on the fact that he died and HAS RISEN! What an amazing thing! There are a lot of people here that know that he was resurrected, but don't quite comprehend that HE LIVES. He is the LIVING CHRIST and to our great blessing He guides and directs His church in these latter days. We read the Living Christ with a few people (it's the declaration of the first presidency and quorum of the twelve in year 2000). You should all read it even though Easter has past. Read it as a family and ponder about the great truths found within. Ponder about the amazing gift of the Savior in your own life. Because of Him we can live. Like many who proceeded Him, He was born, lived, and died. Unlike anyone in history He conquered the grave and rose again. He payed the price and because of Him we too will live again. I love Jesus Christ and I know He is my Savior and Redeemer. Watch the video on lds.org called "Because of Him" on the internet. It's great!!! I love you guys! Thank you for everything!!! Do you best each day. Give it all you got, and remember that in the end all belongs to Him and we are nothing without Him. Have a great week.

con amor
Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers