Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

HEY FAMILIA!                                                                                                February 24, 2014
What's up everybody?! How is everyone doing? Thanks for the letters mom and dad. Mom you're right, it is such a blessing to be able to communicate like this every week! I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait like months between letters...Well it was cool to hear about how the US did in the Olympics. Here is Mexico almost nobody knows about them because their country basically doesn't participate. I'm excited to be able to see some highlights later on. It was really cool to hear about Talon's homecoming and how well he did. I'm kinda nervous for mine because I feel like I can't talk about Gospel subjects in ENGLISH! Haha...but really it's going to be weird. Thanks for letting me know that many of my friends asked about me and said hi. That's cool that you were able to go golfing Dad..sounds like the ski season wasn't good at all! It's good to hear that everyone is happy and well. 

Sounds like you're all dying to hear where the heck I am and who I am with. Last Monday I said goodbye to many loved ones in Mayorazgo and in my ward in 3 Cerritos. Luckily I got to say goodbye to the families and investigators and recent converts and everything. On Tuesday we had the transfer meeting. I was pretty nervous to know my new zone, area, and companion. I am now here in the Nealtican Zone serving in Nealtican! I started my mission in the zone, but in Atexcac, which is in a different town and everything. I am now serving in the bigger town called Nealtican as zone leader still. It's not a city or anything, but it's pretty big. I'm with Elder Sanchez from Chiapas Mexico and he is AWESOME! He played as point guard in the famous Benimerito High School in Mexico City before it was changed to the MTC here Mexico. I haven't seen him play yet, but I heard that he is really good. He is a great missionary and we get along great. He has about 16 almost 17 months on his mission, so I'm finally with someone with less time than me haha. Like you said Mom, I got along with Elder Dzul and we worked really hard, but at times he was a little bit serious and it was hard to be myself. With Elder Sanchez we are working just as hard, but I feel like I can be myself more with him. Nealtican is a famous little town here in Mexico for it's many members. There are two stakes here! They call it mini-Utah. We have two wards that we are serving in at the same time...the Reforma Ward and the Tetenco Ward. We went to 6 hours of church yesterday...pheww. We are the only missionaries in the whole mission I think that have two wards to serve in at the same time. It's nice to be out of the loud and crazy city. I am closer than ever to Popocatepetl!! It's right there! We had to find a house in an area called Xilantcitla, about 30 minutes from Nealtican and up towards Popo. It is the closest town to Popo there is! It is way cool up there and reminds me of Atexcac. Anyway Elder Sanchez and I worked hard this week in our two wards here. We have been working to find new investigators and to put appointments with people. We have already had some great ideas about activities and some awesome miracles happen with references from members. We hope to put a great example for the zone and to motivate, uplift, and help our missionaries the best we can. 

I love you guys!! The mission is going by WAY too fast it's crazy. I can't believe it. I feel like someone put it in fast forward or something. I am going to do my best to keep working as hard as a can knowing that the Lord expects nothing less. Do your best every day the make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love God with all your heart. God bless!

Con Amor,
Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers