Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hey Family,                                                                                                       December 30, 2013
How is everyone doing? Thanks for sending all those pictures I love getting them really. Wow you guys are looking really good. Especially in the picture in SLC at the Temple ground lights. I miss going there. I really liked those pictures of Christmas Eve and then of Christmas day breakfast dad thanks. I couldn't get that video that Tyler took to work for a second, but after a while I was able to hack into it and get it to work ;) Well it looks like everyone had a Merry Christmas this year and that all is well. That's all that matters to me is that everyone is happy and safe. There is a lot of changes going on while I'm out here. More than I thought. It's pretty crazy that Samantha is getting married too! wow. Dad I really enjoyed what you told me about how you read Luke 2 and knelt and prayed as a family. Oh you're probably all wondering why I'm writing late again, but it's because we had to be at the mission home at 4 o'clock to drop off Elder Rowe and his stuff. After we helped Pres. with something we ate a sandwich and then left, but it took a little while, so that's why we are writing kinda late. Well it sounds like you are going to have a fun new years as well that's cool that you went down south to vacation and get away from the cold....but....well I understand that mom and the girls would chicken out and not go skiing...but I expect more from my old man. DAD WHAT HAPPENED?! You've been living with females too long haven't you? hahahaha Tyler chickened out too huh? haha well I hope you all have a great time.

Well I'm sitting here already with my temporary companion because we already dropped off Elder Rowe. His comp also is going home a bit early so Pres. just put us too together for the week. He is the zone leader of zona Valsequillo and I'm the zone leader of Mayorazgo so the two of us are going to run both areas and both zones for a week. It's going to be interesting!!! We are running both the city zones haha. His name is Elder Ramirez and he is from Cabo San Lucas...cool huh? I know you'd and I'd like to be with someone with more time left, but he is actually going home in the middle of next transfer, so yeah he is going to be ending soon too hahaha. But don't worry it will only be for a week...well I least that's what I think. This week was awesome!! On Christmas Eve after the huge meeting we didn't really do much, but we were able to make those sugar cookies and use the cookie cutters and stuff. I think I said that in the call already. Then on Christmas day we ate with a recent convert couple who has a son on a mission. They really needed our visit. We ate a good meal and then read Luke 2 and sang hymns. Afterward, we brought a little bit of Christmas to our investigator Juan because he wasn't going to do much and his family doesn't live here. So we brought some food and then watched some Mormon Messages about Christmas and then sang some hymns. It was a cool Christmas. The rest of the week was to prepare everyone for the 29th, our baptism day. This week was another baptistic week!!! 5 people actually got baptized on Sunday!! The family with 3, Juan, and then our investigator Hugo! Hugo's wife is a recent convert and has been listening to the missionaries for a while now. We have invited him over and over, but he wouldn't accept. On Sunday (day of the baptism) after sacrament meeting he came up to me and asked to speak with me. He told me that he wanted to be baptized before the end of the year! I was so surprised. We talked with him and got him an interview and he was baptized the same day with everybody else. President Reeves went to the service as well. He wanted to go because he got to know Juan and did his interview too. I'm so happy for everyone!! It makes me SO HAPPY to be a part of such a great work that brings so much joy to others. Elder Rowe and I were so pumped last night. It was so awesome!! I sent pictures. I love my mission so much. It really is the best experience ever. 

Well I got to go and I've already written a bunch. Have a great New Years and tell everyone HI for me. I love each and every one of you. Thank you for everything and all the support. I LOVED the Skype call it was great to talk with all of you. Yes it's kinda hard on Christmas, but don't worry I'm going strong. I'm not ready to go home yet haha. Keep up the good work and stay strong. 

con amor
Elder Ryan Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers