Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Alò mis queridos!                                                                                             September 23, 2013

Time keeps on rollin' by. That's cool that you guys got to go to St. George for the weekend. I'm glad you all had fun. Dad do you golf at that course a lot, or not really that much? It seems like a nice course, and I'm excited to check it out someday. I not sure if I mentioned it last week, but Grandpa's other letter came already! I really enjoyed it. Thanks Gramps! Oh and don't worry we are all doing just fine up there in Puebla. We are really fortunate to not have any problems at all. The weather was really gloomy for a while, but nothing out of the ordinary, so don't worry all is well. Hah Dad don't worry when I get home I'm gonna work my butt off at school and work hard to learn as much as I can. The mission has given me an even deeper drive to learn as much as I can in this life. There is so much to learn!! With hard work and drive I know that I can be successful in anything I set my hands to. Utah won huh? I'm not too upset..I'm thinking about going there...sorry I know that's like going against the family! We'll see what happens right? 

This week was a little rough. We had a hard time putting appointments and finding our investigators this week. It was probably the slowest week here in Atlixco so far. It's okay though, because not every day or week is going to be perfect. I could see that some of our investigators weren't really progressing like they should be. They were kind of getting comfortable...so we went to town throwin' it down the way it is. Preach my Gospel Missionaries! I actually ended up dropping one of our investigators because she just wasn't doing anything we asked. That's how it is sometimes...we gotta have time to find the CHOSEN. I had a super cool experience yesterday on Sunday. We finally saw one of our great investigators named Brenda. She is really sincere and she started sharing some of her doubts and concerns with us. She said she has felt that our message is true and that she should be baptized, but she said that she has also had unforgettable experiences with the Catholic Church too. She started asking some really difficult questions after sharing some deep experiences. Literally..I didn't know what to say. I sat thinking for a moment and said a prayer in my heart. Then...I opened my mouth. Totally by the Spirit. Then I opened the Book of Mormon not knowing where we were going to read at all. Blank. As I flipped through it's pages I was just depending on the Spirit 100%. I received a prompting to go to 1 Nephi 32 and read the chapter...it was perfect. Great experience. 

We had a class this Sunday in principles of the Gospel about how we should develop our talents in this life. That along with many other things I have learned out here has motivated me to do just that. I have a vision of what I what to do and how I want to do it. That's why I was talking bout how this is much to learn. If you put you mind and heart into something, nothing is impossible. Even if you think that it is something that you think you cannot do. God has given us so many talents and opportunities. Today is the day to be who you've always wanted to be. Love you all so much. I send all the love that I got to everyone back there in Utah town. Thank you for everything. Que tenga una semana llena de sonrisas y felicidad!

Un fuerte abrazo
Con Amor,

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers