Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hola Familia!                                                                                                        April 22, 2013
Well here I am again in a little internet place writing the family. I really enjoyed reading the emails that you send Mom and Dad. Dad you make me crack up when I read your letters haha. Sounds like you got a long summer filled with high school girl drama ahead of you. You'll have to find refuge out at the golf club and hunting with Kit the chubbster. So you sent her out to the doggy fat farm and she's already gained it all back huh?? haha. I'll have to say I'm not one bit surprised to hear that you're all in St. George again. I swear you're out there every single weekend. Sounds like it's been quite some work getting it all done, but that it's a cool place. Tell Ashley and Sean congrats for me again. I wish them happiness and success. It's too bad that I can't be there for the wedding. Just tell Tyler that he's gotta wait for me now because I've already been out here for a while and he doesn't have a girlfriend right now. Wait it out from me Ty! Well I'll be praying for you safety and success out in Washington D.C. Tyler. I'm sure you'll do fine. Oh and Mom yeah everything arrived safe and sound in the package. I love all the shaving stuff you put in there and the shaver is awesome! Thank you so much! Also, I really liked all the candy and stuff. Between my comp. and I, we've been able ate it all already :) my favorite was the Cadbury eggs. Oh and I ended up buying a nice tie with the 100 pesos that was in the golden egg, so thank you.

Anyway we've been working really hard this week. Elder Knowlton and Elder Durffee had a baptism this Saturday of a woman named Lupita. It's kinda funny because right before the changes when I was with Elder Knowlton, I'm the one who contacted her and set up an appt. I'm glad she got baptized. As for Elder Burden and I, we had some great lessons with our investigators this week. With the family Estrada we had a killer lesson! I invited them to be baptized and they all accepted! We felt good about the 27th, but unfortunately they didn't show up to church, so we'll have to push it back a week or so. They are awesome though. Also the Family Beltran Leon, they are doing great. We had a great lesson on Tuesday with them and at the end we were all smiling and talking before kneeling prayer in a circle. I felt pure joy in that moment being with all them. It's those kind of moments that make all the hard work worth it. Family Beltran Leon are probably some of the closest people I've gotten to on my mission this far. I love 'em. They came to church finally too so that was awesome. We also had zone conference this Friday, which went really well.  I learned a lot that I want to apply to the work. Well the work can be hard at times, but it's so worth it, and I'm learning so much out here. It's a privilege to come out and preach the work of God to so many of God's children. 

Well I better get off now. I love you guys really. I hope you know that. If there is anything that I can do...anything in any small kind of way, please let me know :) I hope that you find this email with a smile and that you're all doing well. Keep up the good work! 

Con Amor,
Elder Kitchen

P.S. I don't remember if I told you, but a few weeks ago I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish all the way through! It was a great experience. I recommend that each one of you read the B.O.M again no matter how many times you read it. It's true and a powerful testimony of the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ. Reading it in Spanish not only increased my knowledge of Doctrine and testimony, but it also helped me learn Spanish. It is a powerful tool in our lives. Never take it for granted. It has helped me so much in my life from before my mission with all the trails, and continues to help me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers