Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dear Family,                                                                                                                   April 29, 2013
Hey guys what's up? So the other day on the 25th I realized wow it has been 1 year since I opened my call...weird. It really does not feel like a year ago that I opened my call...seems like yesterday. Well it pretty surprising to hear that you're actually at our house in Utah County this weekend haha. Oh just so I don't forget later, Mom here in Mexico Mothers Day is always on May 10th instead of the second Sunday of the month. Since we are an all American district so we will probably just skype when it's mothers day up there in America...which is the 12th right Mom? Also, the member that feeds us every Monday said that we could all go and skype at their house for mothers day, so no worries there. Sounds like Tyler and Cam made it safely out to DC. I hope that they have a good successful trip out there this summer. I bet it's going to be a good experience for them. If you get a chance you should tell James hi for me. Anyway thanks mom for letting me know about the cool sacrament meeting you had this Sunday. When I read that it was Sean's homecoming it just about blew my mind because I totally remember when he left, and it does not seem that long ago at all. Hey I knew Elder Munday's sons who went to our high school. Sounds like a very good meeting, and yeah I agree with the surge in missionary work. It is the Lord's work and He directs it. Dad I'm glad the weather has gotten a lot better and that you can go golfing lately. Wow sounds like you crushed that guy in the match! Sounds like you're playing great. I feel like I wouldn't even know how to swing a golf club anymore this days haha. That reminds me...I found out that Puebla has some 4 golf courses. Maybe we could play if we came back some day. Who knows how good they are. Oh and Dad you asked me if I ever miss my old area, hmmm I guess some things about it like how much cool service opportunities we had all the time, all natural fresh tortillas, and how beautiful it is up there. I'm loving it here in the city though.
Well it was a good week. We've really been working hard to get things going smoothly here in this new área. I feel like the last couple of weeks we've finally had things figured out and stuff. It was a pretty busy week. We starting doing something as a district called a group lesson where we bring all of our investigators out to the church for a lesson with members, less actives, and recent converts. It went pretty well. Apart from that we were able to have another good lesson with the Family Beltran Leon. I was on splits with Elder Galan our zone leader in that lesson. We also were finally able to see Amado who had a baptismal date about a month ago. He was too busy to see us for a while, but we had a great lesson, and we committed him to living the Word of Wisdom. This week we have been doing a lot of work with members in efforts to receive good referrals from them. We have done some cool activities and this week we hope for some good new investigators. Some sad news about the Estrada family...because their mom is going through some tough mental health problems they don't think now is a good time. She isn't always in reality and so they are always worried during the lessons and stuff. We are still in contact with them though, so I hope we can teach them again soon. Pray for them!! It's been going really good though. I am continuing to have awesome experiences out here. The misión is great.
Well I've better go now. Love you guys. I hope that you will have a great week! Thank you for all the continued love and support on my behalf. Continue to do what matters most in this life. Sorry I didn't take any new pictures this week. Hopefully next week. You guys should sent me some good pictures too. Until next week.
Con Amor
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers