Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hey everybody!                                                                                                 April, 15, 2013
Sounds like everybody is alive and well, so that's good to hear. I just realized that today marks the day for 8 months out here on the mission...in some ways it seems like I've been out here for quite a while, but for the most part it's just flyin' by. First of all...HAHAHA Dad I was laughing SO hard when you were telling me about the story on your mission with the habenero peppers! I started to read it out loud so that the rest of the elders here with me from the district could hear as well. They got a kick out of it too. Fortunately, the tacos only had really little pieces of habenero peppers that had been soaked in purple onions. They were amazing tacos!! Even though it was little pieces, I still was sweating and my lips were burning, but it wasn't too bad. Mom thanks for always letting me in on all the people from the ward coming out here to the mission field. It's exciting how many from our ward are going out. I love hearing from you guys every week, thanks for being so great at writing all the time. Also, I loved hearing from Tyler.

So this week went really good. We weren't able to teach as many lessons this week, but at the end of the week we had 7 progressing investigators! We are teaching 2 small families right now, and we love them. Familia Estrada (recent new invest.) are doing really good! We've taught them the first lesson and another lesson where we gave a blessing and talked about faith. They have come to church twice, and we plan on inviting them to be baptized on the 27th :) They are really prepared, so I'm confident that they'll accept. As for the Beltran Leon family they are still progressing just a little bit slower. I had my companion invite them to be baptized, and they said that they've already been baptized. So we have got to do some more teaching so that they can understand really well. We are still able to teach them about twice a week. As for other, we have about 5 others that aren't progressing right now, but we are working hard to get into better contact with them, so that they can start progressing. I love it out here it's going really good! Elder Burden's Spanish is coming along really slow, but it improves little by little. He got sick on...Friday I think it was, so we weren't able to work much that day. Oh Dad, thought I'd just make you jealous again and tell you a place called Mega Taco that we went to, and they are SO good!! I want to bring you there if we visit someday. 

Well I better wrap it up. Love you guys!! I'm so grateful for all the love and support that you give me each and every week. OHHH yeah this morning we visited the mission office and guess what!? My package was there! Hahahaha mom good work on the Virgin Guadalupe job :) It made it safe and sound, and I decided to open it up right there in the mission home! Thank you so much! Wow it was like I was there at home and found my Easter basket hahah it was just like it :) love you mamma! Thank you :) The shaver stuff is perfect as well because I needed that! I've been shaving without shaving cream for a while haha. Where did you get the $100 pesos? Just curious. But yeah thanks again, it really means a lot to me and I appreciate it. It was just like Easter. Well keep up the good work guys. I'll talk to you next Monday!

Con Amor,
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers