Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kia Ora Family! October 31, 2011

Wow time just flies by so fast. I cannot believe it is already Halloween and that tomorrow is the first day of November. My mission has seriously been the most incredible experience of a lifetime and something that will never leave me. I love New Zealand and the people here with all my heart and I'm so thankful for everything I’ve experienced here and all the lessons I’ve learned. My testimony has grown so much and I’ve learned so much about the gospel. About our Heavenly Father, the Plan of Salvation, Jesus Christ and his everlasting Atonement for us all. I’m grateful to have a greater understanding of the true purpose of our life her on earth and a greater understanding of how we can live with God again as a forever family. I have learned to love reading the scriptures especially the Book of Mormon. I know that it is a true record of God and that it can lead us back to the presence of our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I’m so grateful you have raised me in the Gospel. That is the greatest thing you could have ever done for me. I’m so thankful for you dad for being a righteous and worthy priesthood holder and helping me know how to keep the commandments of God. I’m thankful mom for your strong testimony and your constant effort in helping us live the gospel in our home. I’m grateful for you Ryan and your decision to serve a mission, the greatest thing you could ever do. I’m grateful for your testimony and your willingness to keep Heavenly Fathers commandments. Jami and Kaylee, I’m so thankful for your desire to go to church and be a good example to your friends. This world is very wicked and you have temptation all around you....especially growing up as a teenager. Please before you ever do anything you might regret just think of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ....also think of all of us your family. I love all of you so much.

Well my week was another good and hard working week. We have a lot of investigators progressing to be baptized. We had some push their dates back, which was hard but we will keep helping them overcome their trials and temptations.

Dad you asked what the weather has been like. It’s been pretty warm. It’s not extremely hot or anything but its been nice and sunny. The weather when you guys come should be very nice and warm. It should be good. It won’t be extremely hot like the middle of the summer...well I don’t think. I don’t know the weather here in New Zealand is so unpredictable. It can be beautiful and then RAINY! hahaha. Also you asked if they celebrate Halloween....not really...they don’t do holidays very big over here. And no I haven’t really made any contact with my friends for so long....I’m such a bad friend....I will try and write some but we are just so busy!

About when I come home.... I honestly haven’t thought very much what I’m going to do. Maybe we could talk about that and think about that when we are on our trip. I really am just staying focused on the work of the Lord. I will think a little bit about it and let you know hopefully next week. Right now I know I want to go to college and get a job. I want to go to BYU! I know that would be a really good school and help me stay completely strong in the gospel. I hope I will be able to get in. All I know right now I want to do for those couple days I am home is spend time with you and my family.

Well I got to go now....I’m sorry. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers