Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dear Family, July 17, 2011

Wow so many things have happened since the last time I e mailed you!! I e mailed Ryan a long letter first and then we know have to e mail our mission president so I don’t have a lot of time today. But thanks for all the e mails. I really loved reading them.

So guess what?! I got transferred!! So on Tuesday afternoon after District Meeting I received a call from our new mission President Lekias! He said that the Lord was calling me to be a new Zone Leader!! WOW!! yeah so now I am a new Zone Leader. I have been called to serve as a zone leader in the Harbour/Henderson Zone of the Mission. That is in West Auckland!! So yup I’m finally serving in the Huge City of Auckland! There are two Districts in the Zone and we cover a big area of Auckland. It is north and west of the Downtown Auckland. I can see the sky line though so we are pretty close to the city. There are a lot of missionaries in the Zone. My companion is named Elder Chandler! He is just an incredible missionary and is so full of faith! He is from Idaho! He has been a zone Leader for a while now and he has been in the zone for a long time so he knows it really well. The missionaries are all so great! I will have to tell you more about each one of them when I have more time. Well Elder Naicker also got transferred to South Auckland so we both got double shifted out of the area. The new mission president is making a lot of new changes with the missionaries in the areas. The Roger family was quite shocked!! I am going to miss that family so much. I’m going to miss the ward and Whangarei a lot. Thursday we drove down to Auckland for Transfers! Wow being a zone leader is so cool! It is a lot different than from being a District Leader. But it is also more stressful and you have more responsibility. You report to the Assistants to the President a lot more. We also talk to President a lot more. I have come to know President Lekias a lot already and he is such a wonderful mission President. We cover the Massey ward. It is a huge ward compared to my last ward. Wow it’s so different serving in the city than in the country. There are good things about both. There are so many islanders around where I’m serving, a lot of Samoans and Tongans in our ward. I have met some Niueans also and have been able to speak the language to them. It has been so cool! I love the island people and I’m so grateful I will be able to serve around them again! We have already had a baptism since I’ve been here! Last Saturday we had a baptism of one of their investigators. Her name is Maria. She is from Samoa! It was such a wonderful baptism! We have two more baptism dates set for this month. It is incredible!

Well I’m so sorry but I have to go. I will have to tell you about so many things next time. I love you all so much!!
Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers