Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dear Family, How are you all doing this week?? Like always it sounds like a lot of things are happening with the family! Well just a heads up I won’t send as long as e mail as last week. I’m glad I was able to send a long one last week. Well I just wanted to wish everyone a happy birthday! Dad your right we have so many birthdays in May and June! I’m glad you had a good birthday Kaylee....even though you weren’t able to go swimming. I wish I could have sent you something but all I can do is say Happy Birthday and that I love you very much! Mom your birthday is tomorrow!! (It’s today for me here) HAPPY BIRTHDAY mom!! I really hope you have a wonderful day!! I send all my love and best wishes to you tomorrow. I hope and pray you'll receive a job for your birthday present. And the only one I can give you is my love, prayers, and that I’m serving a mission. I wish I could have least give you a big hug haha. But happy birthday!

Well my week was just great! On Thursday we had Lyrics Baptism!! Wow it went really good. A lot of his non member family was there and a big turn out from the ward came. It was during young men’s and so the young men put of the program of the baptism. They all gave talks, prayers, and sang it was really nice. Caleb (Lyrics cousin that just got baptized a couple weeks ago) gave the last talk on the Holy Ghost and it was really powerful. It came from his heart and I can tell he felt the spirit. I was able to baptize Lyric and it was just an incredible baptism. Lyric was like oh my I feel so happy right now and I just feel clean. He is awesome. I love his family too... they are just wonderful people. I pray that someday his family will all be baptized members of the church. We had a nice feed after the baptism. Oh yeah Caleb’s family is doing really good too. We are teaching the whole family now. All 5 of them are listening to the lessons. They almost came to church yesterday but Jared hurt his back so only Caleb came. I know miracles will happen with them. We also had Sheridyn's Baptism this Saturday! Her's was really nice too and I felt the spirit a lot. She asked me to baptize her too! She told her mom....."mom its weird I feel so happy right now, is it normal to feel so happy" I know she felt the spirit. It is just incredible to watch people enter into the waters and just see their whole countenance change. They literally are born again and become followers of Jesus Christ. On Saturday night the ward put of a sisters appreciation dinner. We invited a lot of our investigator sisters to come along. It was really nice and we helped out with the serving. We took their orders and gave them their food. It was like a 5 course meal and it was really nice. It was a great missionary opportunity because there were so many non members there. Yesterday at church Lyric and Sheridyn were both confirmed. Elder Naicker confirmed Lyric and I confirmed Sheridyn. It also was a miracle because Sister Turner (Sheridyn’s mom) said she really wants to come back to church now. She has been less active for 5 years but has now decided she is coming back. Awww I love to see the gospel work in people’s lives.

To answer some of your questions...I didn’t receive the package yet...but please don’t be sad. It’s okay. I’m sure it’s already here in New Zealand but the mission only gives us mail at zone conferences and leadership trainings or when someone goes to Auckland or someone comes here. I will probably get it soon. And about my bike I will let you know more about it but for now I will just use the members bike and then ill figure out something if I get transferred to a bike area....because I don’t want to buy a bike and then go into a car area. The mission can’t really do anything about it because a lot of missionaries’ bikes get stolen. I might just get a second hand one from one of the missionaries going home.

I can’t believe Ryan is graduating this weekend!! WOW Congrats Ryan!! I wish I could be there for ya! That so exciting!! And I’m so sorry again but I really will next week...I promise I will send yours first! .....uhh all the missionaries are finished and waiting for me. Sorry but I got to go soon.
I love you all!
Have a great week and Graduation Ryan!! Take lots of pictures and send them to me! Send more pictures too...I love them!
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers