Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dear Kitchen Family!

How is everything going this week with my wonderful family? Thanks for the great emails as usual. I emailed Ryan back and sent it to his email! I hope he can read it before he leaves on Heritage Tours! So I won’t be able to e mail this letter very long. Thanks for all the pictures....I loved them. Oh I forgot to tell Ryan that I liked his hair cut...it looks really good. He buzzed it all off. hahaha....I’ve done that a lot of times on my mission. It’s so funny. It’s too expensive to go to a hair cutting place so we just have the other missionaries do it. A lot of my companions have just used a buzzer to cut my hair! haha....I’ve even done my own hair one time and my companion buzzed that back part that I couldn’t reach.

I received my birthday package!! Thank you so much for it!! It was great and I loved the nice blanket...all the letters and candy. Everything was just wonderful. I know you put a lot of hard work into those mom and it makes me so happy to receive them....I love you. Thanks for the pop tarts....I miss those a lot. I laughed too because Jami sent me a picture off all of us looking crazy! oh and you sent me another hamster dance song card. My companion was laughing really hard...he thinks it’s funny. Well it was transfers and me and my companion stayed. So that means I’ll be here in Whangarei at least another 6 weeks! I like it here. I love my companion too...we get along very well and have a lot of success together. He is so funny and we know when to work really hard and also when to laugh! I received some new elders and sisters into my district. I will have to tell you their names and where they are from another time. This past week we worked really hard. We had a lot of miracles. We set 3 investigators for baptism. We found a miracle family and set the dad and the son for baptism. They came to church yesterday and the 14 year old son and the less active mom went up and bore their testimonies. Wow the spirit was so strong and I couldn’t stop getting emotional. It brings me so much joy and happiness to know I am helping people change their lives. We also just had this wonderful experience of finding 9 new investigators. A couple of them are so prepared by the Lord. I wish I had time to write to you about all these miracles and experiences.

I’m also glad that the weather is getting better....The weather throughout the world is crazy. In James email he wrote me they had some tornadoes touch down in their mission...crazy. Oh before I forget....I really thought that picture Grandma and Grandpa Ellsworth sent me was cool. It’s amazing how real that is and it truly does feel like that on a mission. It gave me a lot of inspiration. Tell them thank you and I also received their birthday card. I love them and miss them so much. I'm so happy to know they are on a mission serving the Lord. I know a lot of really wonderful senior couples in my mission and I’m sure they are great missionaries.

Mom that is so funny about Elder Southwick...I knew him pretty good. Oh yeah and I’m going to miss President and Sister Porter so much. I heard they are moving to Draper now.... I was sad...oh well it’s still close. I am going to Leadership training in Auckland this Thursday so I will see them again! I figured out about my bike. I called the mission office and it was a miracle. They have I bike they will just let me use until I leave off my mission! and they won’t charge me a cent! Blessings!

Well I got to go. I love you all so much. Tell all the family I love them and miss them!
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers