Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How is my favorite family doing over in good old Utah?? Man some one asked me where we got our name, a lot of people think our last name is really cool or weird over here in NZ. I guess it isn't a common name over here. Well another week as came and gone....sometimes the weeks just fly by here in the mission field. Its crazy! I loved your e mails this week and the pictures you sent were great too. It is so great to always hear from my family every week. I know some missionaries don't hear from their family like Elder Afa because they are catholic and aren't very happy he is on a mission. So it truly is a blessing from God. Well seriously I love my mission but really I miss you guys so much its crazy. A lot of time, my mind doesn't think about it but sometimes I just miss everyone back home. Because I'm such a loving person I just absolutely miss my family and friends.


I know its so crazy my year mark is this Thursday!! I don't want to think about it, because really I just love my mission and I don't want it to end right now. It really is such an incredible experience. I wish I could do another one after this one. No wonder why they only make it two years otherwise missionaries would want to spend a lot more time out on their missions. Well so much has happened since the last time I e mailed you guys. First though....man I loved your e mails and to hear from you.


It was good to hear that you started your school thing mom. I am praying that you will have a great experience and that everything will go well for you. Thanks for all the updates with my friends and everything. Man I'm really a horrible friend for not writing them. I really am going to try and do a lot better this year. But it really is really hard. I sometimes get letters from my friends so its good to hear from them. About Kylie and nick...I was really wondering if I could just e mail them. I know I can e mail cousins cuz they're family. I just wont really have time to write them a letter. Oh yeah mom you asked about what time it is here...well right now its 12:45 pm but I don't know what time it will be when I send it or what time it arrives but probably around 1 or so.


Dad wow I absolutely loved your experience you wrote me about that you had on your mission. That made my whole day...man I loved reading it so much. I'm going to print it off. That is truly a crazy incredible experience you had on your mission. You really never will forget that. See I loved hearing about your experiences you had on your mission especially because I'm on my mission right now. I would love it if you had any other cool experiences you could tell me about. I cant believe that you guys really dropped him off in the middle of the desert!! And then you got to baptize him in the river and the heavens opening thing was just amazing! Wow do you talk to him still? I wonder where he is now!! Thanks for sharing that experience with me. That truly does mean so much to me dad. I love you so much. Wow and I was really excited to read your going hunting. Man your lucky that sounds really fun. I am so excited to go a lot when I get back from my mission with my new gun! And it was cool to hear Ryan is going out on a dance. That's the high school life right there.


I'm glad all of you enjoyed my experience about Elder Afa baptizing Dion, it really was hilarious. I have experienced so many things I'll never forget and things that are just priceless. Well this past week was just incredible. We were double working the area for a while because some missionaries got switched up. Then it was transfers this week and a lot of new missionaries came in and got switched up. Okay guess what?! The mission combined the zones of Rotorua and Taranga so they made Rotorua a district. Elder Breeze went over to Taranga to be the Zone leader over there. AND GUESS WHAT?! President Porter called me to be the new DISTRICT LEADER for Rotorua!! Wow I was like really surprised. But I know this is a sacred blessing and experience from the Lord and from President Porter. I know they both trust me and I will be held accountable for how well I fulfill my responsibilities. Well so I got transferred but just to the other side of Rotorua. So I still go to the same chapel and everything but I'm in a different ward. Tarawera ward now. My companion is Elder Petty. (I already knew him really well because he has been here in Rotorua the same amount of time as me). And because I'm the District Leader I have a car now. There is 5 elders in my district (including my companion). Elder Afa is still in the area I just came from, so I see him all the time still. He is here with us as we e mail. Well I have a lot more responsibilities and have to do more now. I am trying to have more confidence in myself and trust in the Lord so I will be a great Christ-like leader. The area over here is just doing great. We have a lot of progressing investigators and the Lord has blessed this area also. I'm loving this ward also they're great. Its different doing missionary work in NZ with a car. You have to be more creative in the way to talk to people on the street. When we have bikes we just talked to everyone we saw on the street. Saturday we kinda had a hard day and we got a lot of rejection and a lot of appointments fell through. It was hard and the trails were a lot. But I know the Lord was qualifying us for Sunday, because we experienced a lot of miracles. Aww its just incredible to see people accept the gospel.


Well I'm sorry but I have to go now. We have had kind of a crazy day. Just so you know I wont e e mailing you guys until Tuesday next week, so not on Monday. The whole mission is going up to Auckland for a big mission conference, so they are making P day on Tuesday. The mission is breaking records. The NZAM (New Zealand Auckland Mission) baptized 186 people last month. Wow miracles! It was a wonderful experience to have been able to baptize 3 people last month.


I love all of you guys with all my heart. Tell everyone hello for me. I miss you all like crazy. Have a great week. Bye


Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers