Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Dear Family!

Wow it was great to read your e mails this week. A lot has happened and everyone is just doing great things it sounds like. I'm thankful for everything you do for me. Its cool that you always have an update about my friends and everyone. It really makes me feel good and that I still know at least a little what is going on at home. I hope everyone is safe, happy and doing great!

It is crazy to me that school is almost already to start in a month. Wow the summer went by so fast. I'm so glad I'm out of school haha....but right when I get back home I will probably be back in it ugh... It's great to hear about my friends. I'm glad Devan is enjoying his mission. And that's great to know James got my letter and loved it. I cant believe he's leaving so soon. It's crazy all my friends will be on missions in no time. That was also awesome to hear Cam got my letter and loved it so much. I'm really glad he is spending some time with you guys and doing all those nice things. That means a lot to me because we were such close friends. I miss him a lot too. That was fun to read he loves hearing my experiences, and he got to see all my pictures. Oh and I miss his family too..thanks for telling me his sister Ashlee said that. Your right its just crazy all my friends are leaving. Oh yeah and that was cool to read about Ashton...I'm glad he loved his mission and he has changed and become a wonderful person. I'm glad that Susan and her family are enjoying their stay. Tell them all hello and that I love them. Wow I miss all our extended family and my friends so much. I just miss everyone because the person I am...I just really love people and I get really close to them. Tell everyone I love them so much....miss them like crazy....and I'm SO incredibly sorry I have not written hardly anyone....Dad tell Paulette and Samantha just to send me an e mail haha...and the letter. That's nice she wrote me. How is Paulette and the girls doing?!

I'm excited for you guys that your having the family reunion this week. That will be really fun! No worries I wont get home sick...I'm sad I wont be there but I know where I'm supposed to be. Tell everyone about my experiences and that I miss all my cousins so much. It is really hard to be away from everyone that I love. But I know it is a sacrifice I can make for the Lord.

That's great Utah is hot and nice weather. The Niue winter is still really hot. You asked if its different than summer. I have noticed a little difference, mainly at night. But during the day it is almost as hot as the summer. But it definately is a little cooler.

Dad your right about your mission...even if its really hard you'll look back so fast and say where did it go? I'm just trying to love and cherish every second of it. And no worries I write in my journal all the time. You asked about me and Elder Havea, we are still getting along really well. He is a very nice obedient missionary. We laugh and know when to be completely serious. And he loves all the cool experiences and parties on Niue. But he is from Tonga and they do similar things there.

Well today I don't have a whole lot of time. I'm just going to go over my week and that's it. So many things happened but I cant go into detail. Well last Monday we did a thing called the Da Kai. Its where a TON of the people decorate their cars and themselves and we all drive around the whole island in a big line making as much noise as you can. And while your doing it you throw candy to the kids when you go through the villages. Its kinda like a parade. Man it was so awesome. We went with our mission leader Ete and his family in his little van! He had two huge flags on the back (United States, and Samoa (that's where he's from)) It was a blast. We did it on our P day. It was so much fun just to honk the horn, scream, blow whistles, and make as much noise as you can. It was awesome to see a ton of cars all decorated following in front and behind us. It was awesome.

The rest of this past week has been incredibly spiritual. We've taught so many lessons and done everything we possibly can to find new investigators. We saw a lot of miracles and were lead by the spirit to people. Wow it was just incredible. Tuesday we went tracking and we knocked every single door in one of the villages named Avetele. We found some good potential investigators and had some success. We also taught lessons. Wednesday we had some very spiritual lessons and then went tracking again in another village named Tamatotonga. We knocked all the houses in that one too. We had success and was lead by the spirit in what to say. It is a experience I've never had tracking. Knocking on strangers doors and talking about the Church. It is just incredible. Thursday we did service and also teaching. Well Friday was just amazing. We first had some wonderful lessons in the morning and afternoon and talked to some people around asking if they wanted to learn more. Saturday we did service and teaching also. Sunday was a great day at church. we also had a funeral service for a Niuean member that died in New Zealand. There was a lot of the members there.

Well I have to go now. I'm grateful for everything you do. I love you all so much. Have a wonderful time at cousin camp. Be safe and know I will be thinking about you. Your the best family I could ask for. I miss you tons but I get strength from the Lord everyday. Have a incredible week family.

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers