Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, Jami, and Kaylee

How the heck is my family doing?? Wow its crazy to think it was the 4th of July yesterday. Over here in Niue no one even said anything about it. HAPPY 4th of JULY! I hope you guys all have a great holiday. It sounds like you did with BBQ's and fireworks and some things tonight! I have so many great memories on the 4th of July! Well I'm doing great and healthy and it sounds like you all are too.

I love reading that your all safe, healthy, and being blessed. I'm so glad everyone is having a great summer and that your all having fun. Thanks for the E mails, it was so good to hear from you. There was some shockers during the e mail too. My missionary work is moving forward and we still see miracles. I know the Lord is blessing us with more people to teach. We found 2 new investigators this week. Some of our investigators are doing very well while others aren't. My mission is incredible and I'm learning so many things. Its changed my life and I love it. But sometimes its really hard and I go through a lot of trails. But I know that's a part of serving the Lord and growing up. I just put my faith in God, pray really hard, and loose myself in the work. I love Niue but it is hard sometimes to serve here with only me and my companion. On a little tiny island where people struggle keeping commitments. But no worries I'm strong and I just keep on going.

Our week was good. We did a lot of teaching, service, and finding activities. Dad asked about our last P day. It was really good. We went site seeing around the island. Wow this island is beautiful and definately unique. We went with our ward mission leader and his wife and another member. It was really fun and we laughed and had a great time. I took a lot of pictures. Tuesday was an amazing day. We tracked a lot, knocked on doors, and did a lot of things to find people. We prayed and the Lord seriously lead us to these people that said we could come back and teach them. Wow miracles. We also met a 80 year old guy from United States name Jeff. He had read the whole Book of Mormon and had come to church but never really had missionaries teach him. So this week we had a really good lesson with him. We also did some service for him. Oh yeah wed we planted a lot of Taro for one of our potential investigators. I got some blisters on my hand....man its hard work planting Taro. Thursday we had 4 very spiritual lessons. Friday we did a lot. But guess what we had our MEXICAN FIESTA!! I made all the Mexican food and we ate it. Wow it was SO good to have Mexican food. Thank you so much for sending that. I took a picture and even a video of all the food after I made it!

Saturday we had 3 great lessons with less active members. Then we got invited to the village BBQ. It was down by the ocean. (we didn't touch the water obviously) But wow it was like a movie. There was all these open fires and everyone roasting all these great food next to the ocean, it was awesome. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you....I eat some really weird food and sometimes I forget to tell you. Like I tired BAT a couple of days ago, and it was actually good, and I've tried some sea cucumber thing. There is some other weird food too but I forgot. Well a little update on our investigators: we haven't taught Mr Lee English yet (he's really busy), the same thing with Allen. Tave and Micka are doing great but I don't think they quite understand that its the true church. Henry is also doing great, he loved church and I think we might set him for baptism. Suta is just trying to quite smoking (please pray for him), some of our others are doing okay too we're just trying to help them.

I'm glad to hear your 4th was good, and that's fun your going to girls camp. I hope you have a blast and be safe. It was great to hear about Cam's temple experience. It really is the best thing ever. I remember my experience in the temple for the first time, I'll never forget it. It was one of the most spiritual sacred experiences I've ever had. I'm glad James was there and you guys got to go. I wish I could have been there. You said he asked for my address...did you give it to him? Man its weird to think almost all my friends are already on missions, or leaving soon. Tell James I'm so proud of him and he'll love his mission when you go to his farewell. That's sad that Ashton just barley missed Devan but yeah I cant believes he's coming home already. Oh thanks again for sending that package. When I receive it I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing the Grandpa Smith experience. I'm glad hes happy and well. Tell him hi and I love him. Wow and your right I cant believe Issac is already coming home. Nick going.....so much is going on in my friends, family, and every ones lives. Tell them all I'm so proud of them and love them.

Sounds like the Coon reunion was great and also the fireworks and Thanksgiving Point. I'm glad all of my cousins say hello and grandma is telling them about my mission...bless her heart she's so nice. You also asked if Henry has a family, he lives with his dad. his mother and other brothers and sisters are in New Zealand. It is amazing that your led exactly what to do and what to say during your mission. I've had many experiences like that. I know this is his work and not ours. But yeah we also try to work with a lot of less active members. I think your right its really important and we do teach a lot of lessons to them. Its just a miracle to see the gospel change so many lives.

I'm so glad to get to e mail you every week. Thank you for all the encouragement, prayers, and love. It really helps me on my mission. I love reading your e mails. I hope everyone is well. Thanks for everything. Your always in my prayers. I miss my friends and I'm really going to try to get caught up....I never thought I would be more busy in my life. Tell all my cousins, friends, and everyone I love them. I never have forgotten them, I'm just so busy. Maybe next e mail you can send some pictures or some up dates on family (cousins), if not that's alright. Well have a great safe week. I love you all so much.

Love your missionary Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers