Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hey guys!                                                                                                                        May 19, 2014
So I figure if I write where I am down in the other paragraph you'll all just go down to see if first, so I'll let you know right now. A big hi family from Tehuacán!! That's right I'm where I've always wanted to be on my mission. It's awesome down here. It's a little over 2 hours from Puebla and it's the farthest I've been from Puebla on my mission haha. It's a really big place with a population of around 400,000 people...yeah pretty big. Well we've been around a bit already and it's pretty awesome here. They really keep this place a lot cleaner than any other place that I've been here in Mexico. It's awesome. There is one stake here and I'm serving in the Tehuacán ward. It's cool, we have a part that touches downtown and then goes all the way up out of Tehuacán and to a pueblo called Miohuatlan. My companion is Elder Conrad from Draper, UT!! Yeah!! It's my 3rd comp from UT, 5th American. I've had, counting the MTC, 6 American and 6 Mexican comps. Elder Conrad is way cool and we like a lot of the same things. He's a great guy. I'll let you know more about my week here in the other paragraph.
Mom that's cool that you guys went to Trever's homecoming and that you saw a lot of my buds there. Yeah it's kinda funny that I'm the last one out huh? Well you guys did yard work this week. Sounds like a lot a fun ;) haha. That's good that you're planting a garden though. Good work. Maybe you can plant some habanero peppers so that something can be spicy to me when I get home. Dad that's awesome that Jami is going to graduate on the 30th!! Mom's birthday! Awesome.  Kaylee is headed for the big senior year huh? That's mind-blowing. It does seem like time is going by really fast.

So this week was awesome! Something weird...the transfer meeting got postponed because of a storm that blew through here, and kept the Americans from getting here on Tuesday. We had the transfer meeting on Wednesday instead. We got here on Wednesday night. From Thursday to Sunday we were able to put a baptismal date with an investigator that they already had here, and we found two different ones and in the same week put two more dates with them!! It was a miracle. This place is full of great people. Elder Conrad and I are really excited to be here and work together. It's going to be really fun. I feel like it's the perfect opportunity to apply everything that I've learned thus far on my mission. It's going to be great. Well like I'm sure you've already all guessed, this will probably be my last area. I'm going to make it the best. We've got a lot of work to do.

Thanks for always thinking of me and keeping me in your prayers. I love each and every one of you. You are all amazing examples of faith to me. I hope you all have a great week in everything that you'll do. Remember that you're always in my prayers. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you guys. Ask me as many questions as you'd like. Until next week.

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers