Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Hey guys,                                                                                                         November 4, 2013
Sounds like everything is going great. Thanks for the cool pictures Dad, I really enjoyed them. Looks like Kit is doing good and everything. Man I can't believe it's already that time of year for the hunt and everything. I swear you guys were just barely telling me how cold it was and everything, and now it's going to be winter again. Mom that's cool that you girls went to St. George. How was it? Did you have any fun? Let me know how it went for you. Mom you asked if Elder Betts had already been here for a while, and yes he was in a different ward in this same zone, and then in this ward for a transfer so far. Thanks for sharing with me some things about the great testimony meeting you had. It's true, the Lord puts a lot a trust in the youth. Dad that's cool that the Sox took it. Good for them. They seem to be winning quite a bit in the last few years...ever since they finally broke that long win less streak. Wow I didn't know you where a ZL for 8 months. If I finish my mission as a ZL, I'll have been one for 10 months. It's a great experience. I love it.

Well this week was awesome! It was filled with awesome experience. I have a cool story to tell you! So I'm not sure if you remember, but Elder Ortega (the second one I trained) and I started teaching a niece of one of the members in Atlixco named Brenda Ashley. She was studying in Puebla, but she came to live with her aunt every weekend. We taught her like 3 or 4 lessons and she came to church about 3 or 4 times. She told us in the beginning that she really wasn't sure about it all. She said that she couldn't leave her other religion behind. We got to see a huge change in her as she read and prayed. She started to receive a testimony. Then what happened was that she was able to get a place in Puebla, and we weren't able to see her anymore. We ended up having to pass the referral to other missionaries. Turns out that as I got transfers, I happened (work of the Lord) to end up in the same ward as where she lived! We started teaching again and we extended an invitation to be baptized on Nov. 3rd which ended up being here 18 birthday! As we kept teaching her, things got a bit complicated because her Dad is paying for her school and everything and he wasn't okay with it all. We fasted together and talked about faith. She said "there is no way my dad will ever say yes." About building her faith, she talked to him and the Lord softened her heart. This Sunday she was baptized!! She is awesome! I got the privilege to baptize her. My comp Elder Betts can play the guitar really good and so we sang a special musical number in the service. It was a great week. We have two baptisms set for this week and I'm super excited!

I know this is the Lord's work. I got the chance to have an exchange with the assistant Elder Turley which went really well. He is a great guy. I love the people her and I love the Gospel. Living it gives me purpose in this life. I feel confident that I am doing God's will. The Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ is everything. If it wasn't for Him, this life would be hopeless. We have to apply it daily! We all make mistakes, but as we fight to overcome trails and problems, we are strengthened. Have a fantastic week!

Con amor,

Elder Ryan Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers