Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dear Kitchen Family,                                                                                             June 10, 2013
It's just that time of year when the birthdays are going on just about every day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD...and sorry it's a little late.  I hope that you both enjoyed you birthday! Dad sounds like you did some fun things to celebrate, but how bout you Mom? What did you do to celebrate? I guess you went down to the St. George house with the team right? Dad you turned 52?! Ohhhh man you are getting old pops! Haha well I bet you'd still kick my butt in golf, so I guess I shouldn't say much. I'm glad ya'll had a great week. Hey mom should I start saying that I'm for St. George or from American Fork?? I'm starting to think that I should say I'm form St. George now haha. Anyway tell Kaylee good luck on the Drivers Ed and that I hope her teacher doesn't fall asleep during the driving test like mine!

Well yesterday Elder Burden and I made cookies after we got home because the exciting transfer news was coming. We got the news and the only one out of our district that has a transfer is our District leader Elder Knowlton. He has been here for 6 months now. So Elder Burden and I will be staying together for another 6 weeks in the same area. I'm perfectly fine with it because I really like this ward and area and Elder Burden and I get along just fine. The one interesting news we did receive is that even though we don't have transfers, we have to be in the transfer meeting because I have a "change in assignment" which means nothing else than I'm going to be the new District Leader here on Agua Azul. I'm pretty excited for the new assignment of responsibility and service. We had a pretty good week. We were able to see Oscar twice this week (the one with a date) and so that is good. He has a date for the 22nd of this month, but he says he is not ready. We are going to do our best to help him feel prepared and willing. We have been seeing this guy named Rafael who is a former investigator about 2 years ago. He is a Catholic with very keen Jehovah's witness views. He is very difficult to teach haha. He doesn't have any teeth and he is really hung up on how there is 10 commandments when he thinks according to the bible there is only 9. We also saw the cancer doctor for a little bit on Wednesday...that was nice. I hope that we can see him more often. There is quite a bit of others that we see, but not very many that are progressing. We expect to receive more investigators this week, so I'm excited about that. 

Love you guys! Hey Dad Happy Father's day!  I wish that I could Skype for Father's Day too. Well I'm continuing to learn a ton out here as a missionary. It's such a great experience getting to serve and help others all the time. Like you said Dad it does get hard at times, but I know that the Lord is watching over us out here and that as long as we are giving our best effort we will be lead to the true in heart. You asked me how Spanish is coming. It's actually improved a lot here throughout this time in Agua Azul. Especially because I do most the talking in teaching and contacting situations. The way that it does get hard is turning the switch off and on between English and Spanish. Being an all American district we obviously talk in English. Keep it up family! Thanks for all you do! Until next week...

Con Amor,
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers