Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Los Kitchens,                                                                                                   December 17, 2012

¿Que tal? Hey everybody! Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I really appreciate it. It´s way crazy to me too that I´m already 20 years old. It was good to hear from all of you, thanks! Sounds like everyone is doing great. Well as for my birthday weekend...it went great!! It was different, but awesome. So first on the 14th we went to our planned Christmas Activity at the Mission Home with President and Sister Reeves and half the mission (the other half went on a different day). We played a few games outside, busted a pinata, sang Christmas songs, ate some really good food, watched a bit of the broadcast with Mo-tab and the Prophet, and then opened a little present that Sister Reeves made for all of us. They were hand-knit scarfs cool huh? It was such a fun activity. Oh you guys have asked a bit about my Mission President, and I keep forgetting to tell you about him and Sister Reeves. They are both SO awesome. President Reeves has such a powerful testimony. He does so much for the mission. He is also just a really calm, friendly guy who has a sense of humor. I haven´t got to see or hear from him a whole bunch, probably like 5 or 6 times. Sister Reeves is a great "mission mom" as you can see she does a lot for us too. Anyway so on the 15th Dolores got baptized!!! We had a service with two niñas that are 8 years old with Dolores too. Elder Tinoco baptized both of the little girls, and I was privileged to be able to baptize Dolores! Cool huh? My first baptism and confirmation on my birthday, and I got to do it :) It was such a great experience. I´m so happy for Dolores and his decision to change his life and follow the Savior. He is going to be a great member. I have a cool story of something that happened right after the service. We had some soda and cookies, and when just about everybody had left...guess who randomly walked into the Chapel?! Victor with my Christmas/birthday present!! I was so surprised! I honestly have no idea how he found me all the way up here in Atexcac in the church. He was with a couple of family members that are from here. He gave me my present, his number if I will need anything, took a couple of pictures to send you guys, and then they were on their way. Wow he is a really nice guy! I thanked him and his family for their kindness. What a cool surprise right after my first baptismal service. When we got home that night I´ll have to admit I couldn´t help but open it a little early haha. I figured that the 15th would just be when I celebrated my birthday because the 16th was the sabbath and all. So...I LOVED my package. Wow guys thank you so so much! Mom you really out-did yourself :) I have enough chocolate to last me forever! It´s perfect. I love the Ipod too its so cool!! The music is great too Mom thank you so much I can tell you spent a lot of time on that. I´ve already listened to a lot of songs, and they´re awesome. Also Elder Tinoco says thank you for the tie. We both wore them yesterday on my birthday. We also made some P B & Js which were awesome! Thanks again guys I loved it. It means a lot to me. I also really enjoyed all your letters that were inside. Anyway on the 16th we got to confirm Dolores into the church. Also there was like a Christmas program from the primary. As for the rest of the day I told my companion not to make it a big deal. We had a few teaching appointments and things. It felt good to forget myself and try and help other people. As for today we had a zone activity planned. We went up close to Popo to eat and play soccer. It was fun. We are also going to have cake with our investigator Adán later today because he wanted to buy cake for me yesterday, but we wouldn´t let him brake to sabbath for my cake haha! So my birthday was awesome!! 

We had a really good week. We taught Dolores the rest of the lessons that he needed for Saturday which went awesome. He really was the definition of a golden investigator. We also had two first lessons; one with Anita and other with someone named Tomasa who was a reference. 2 new investigators! We are excited to keep working with them this week. We also did service this week a couple times for Adán our other investigator and his family. We are really getting to know them well. They are all really funny. We had a great lesson with Adán on my birthday. I shared a detailed experience, and after I really didn´t know how I spoke so well. I know the Lord is helping me so much with the language. The gift of tongues is real. We also had quite a few lessons with less-active members as well. It was a great week for us here in Atexcac. Well I wish I could tell you all more about the work, and some experiences, but I don´t have time! 

Thank you so much for an awesome Christmas package. It was a birthday that I will honestly NEVER forget. I love and miss each and every one of you. I hope that you are all enjoying the holiday season!  Anyway thanks again. I love you guys. It was surreal baptizing Dolores. I remember being a bit nervous right before because I wanted to say everything right in Spanish and what not. I said a quick prayer in my heart and asked for strength, power, and confidence. Instantly I was not nervous anymore. I said the words perfectly and powerfully. I know that prayer is real, powerful, and essential. Never underestimate the power of a simple heartfelt prayer. I have to rely on the Lord out here, and I continually plead for His divine help. No matter what we are doing in our lives, we can receive the same divine help from our Father in Heaven. Through sincere pray we literally do receive divine help, guidance, and comfort. I love you guys! Have a great week! I can´t thank you enough for all the continued love and support. Until next week!

Con Amor,
Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers