Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hey Everyone! October 2, 2011

The work of the Lord is still moving forward here in the beautiful island of New Zealand. October is already here and it’s the time of year where we only have to wear our suit coats after 5 pm. The weather still isn’t the best, which means your weather should still be beautiful. For myself I am doing great! Just full of Joy as I serve the Master. As I continue to study and slowly understand more and more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and then go and serve Him day after day my love for the Lord and the people whom I serve grows stronger and stronger. Even though we work so hard and barely get very much sleep the Lord blesses me with strength and the promise that he will renew our bodies is fulfilled. As a missionary I have never worked so hard in my life, physically and mentally. The Power of Prayer is so important and I’ve learned to rely and trust the Lord so much. I read in the Book of Mormon of people who truly were converted to the Lord. They had a change of heart and they had no more desire to do evil but good continually. I have experienced a lot of this but I always pray that my testimony will grow stronger and stronger. A mission is a once in a life time miracle of experience. It was the best decision I’ve ever made to go and it has changed my life forever. I am so full of happiness that Ryan is so excited for his mission and he is preparing for it. Ryan it will be the best 2 years of your life. My encouragement is to keep studying as much as you can to prepare for you mission. Get a Preach My Gospel and study it. The more prepared you are the better of an experience you will have and the more people you will be able to help and change their hearts. I’m glad you all enjoyed General Conference. I have been able to watch the priesthood session so far and we are watching the rest this weekend.

Thanks for the pictures you sent me of Ryan's senior photos. They look so good. Ryan looks very mature and grown up. They are really awesome looking photos and really good backgrounds. Sounds like he is just having a blast with all the cool things he is doing.

Mom you asked if I received the letters that you sent from cousin camp. Yes I got them and loved them. Thanks so much it was good to hear from everyone. I’m grateful for all the cool things grandma and grandpa Ellsworth tell me about New Zealand. And wow you really are so busy. I’m sure it is such a good job for you and that you love it a lot. You are such a hard worker and I know you’re a wonderful teacher to them.

Dad, that’s pretty funny how you went to another church. We meet people like that on the street all the time. Born again Christians or have all sorts of different beliefs. Some of them are really strange and some of them just believe that you say Jesus Christ is your savior and that he died for you and then you are saved. Boy do they have it wrong.

Well we had a great week this week. I forgot to tell you a funny experience we had a couple of weeks ago. Well my companion Elder Moss was driving down the street and he was going a little fast because we were late to a teaching appt. Anyway a police pulled him over and asked him for his license. He was waiting for his New Zealand License and so they had given him a temporary paper one. He was looking for it in his wallet. Then he gave the police a paper that he thought was his license. It was really his Dry Cleaning receipt!! HAHA The cop was like what do you think I’m supposed to do with a dry cleaning receipt!! HAHA it was so funny. I was laughing so hard afterward haha.

This past week we worked really hard. We had 25 lessons and talked to 206 people on the street or knocking doors. I love just going up to everyone and spreading the gospel to them. We found 13 new investigators. We helped a lot of investigators come to church too. I was able to bear my testimony in church. I love going up and bearing my testimony.

I have to go now. I love you all very much. Thanks for everything you do. You’re always in my prayers and I’m grateful to know Families Can be together Forever in Heavenly Fathers Plan.

Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers