Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Family!!

Wow it is just weird it is already Christmas. It is kinda starting to feel a little like Christmas because of our Christmas Mission Conference this week and we also had a big Christmas Sacrament Program yesterday. The people here do put up Christmas Trees and stuff but its not as big as it is over in United States. Christmas is just a small thing here. Plus its always weird because its hot and no snow is on the ground. I think its hilarious because they sometimes play and sing songs about a white snowy Christmas yet there's no snow on the ground. I really hope you all are having and will have a wonderful Merry Christmas!


I am still just doing wonderful on my mission. A lot of new things have happened this week. Like always we have been just experiencing many miracles and wonderful experiences in the life of our investigators and Gods Children. Time and time again I see the hand of the Lord in the life of his children. I know that our Heavenly Father loves all his children and he will lead them to the restored Gospel if they are truly searching. On Thursday we drove up to Auckland and stayed the night there. Then guess what during transfers the next day on Friday I got a new companion! Crazy huh! Elder Petty got transferred to Hamilton. Its cool because he will be doing the temple Christmas lights! AND guess what?! President Porter had me train a new missionary again! So I'm training again!! On Friday I met my new companion and he is a brand new missionary. His name is Elder Russell and he is from Spanish Fork Utah!! HAHA! so we live like 20 minutes away from each other. He is really nice and is a great missionary. He likes fishing and playing sports. He is 19 years old. His family is all members and he is the oldest in his family. This is really new to him because he's only been around a couple of states in the west and this is really far away from home. I'm excited he is my companion! Well the Christmas mission conference was great!! As always the spirit was just incredibly strong and I learned SO much! We had wonderful speakers and President Porter is taking this mission to places its never been before. We are experiencing many miracles in the mission field! They did a huge Christmas feed for us and the food was really good. They also had a really funny and great talent show for all the missionaries. It was so cool to watch and it was a lot of fun. Then President Colister spoke to us which was just great. President Colister is the Area President (he is from the quorum of the Seventy). It rained the whole way back from Auckland to Rotorua! Can you believe I'm still here!! HAHA and the end of this transfer I will be in Rotorua for 6 months! That's half of my mission in Niue and Rotorua!! Yesterday another general authority came to our ward. It was our Christmas program and Elder Neilson came and spoke! Wow those General Authorities have the spirit so strong!


Well I put all my pictures onto a DVD and I will send it today so you guys can get it and see all my pictures! I also did receive my other Christmas Package! I haven't opened it yet because I want to save something for Christmas so I can open a present on Christmas Day! But thank you so much for sending another one! That's cool you guys got a new Christmas tree! Its weird to think but I will be home next year for Christmas! I am really excited to talk to you guys on Christmas! But just so you know President Porter said we can only talk for about 40 minutes just so you know to be prepared. And I think I will call on your Christmas! So that will be on my Sunday and your Saturday! I will try and call around 1:00 my time. I will talk to you then!! I love you all so much. AND have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


Love Elder Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers