Happy heart day

Happy heart day
We love you too!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year


Hello Family!
Well happy new year!! I cant believe it is already 2010! I am going to be in New Zealand this whole year! Wow well I'm way excited to be serving for the Lord two years of my life. New Years Day was awesome! Brother Sunnex and his family had us over for a feed. It was really really good. He is so awesome. We didn't stay up for new years eve obviously we were in bed by 10:30 as usual. What did you guys do for New Years Eve?! How about New Years Day? Anything fun? Well I'm very excited for this upcoming year and all the amazing spiritual experiences I will have. I've already had many miracles and unbelievable experiences and I've only been out in the field a month. Its crazy. But I love My Heavenly Father and everything He has blessed me with this far on my mission. My mission really has already changed my life and I've had experiences that have strengthened my testimony so much. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity to serve the Lord for two years!

Wow this week has been INCREDIBLE!! Its been so amazing and I have had so many miracles and spiritual experiences. I have been trying my very best to be exactly obedient and I've been praying for the Lord to give us miracles. Well He has answered my prayers this week. First of all last Monday was really awesome. We played sports for 4 hours! It was awesome. Tuesday I had trade offs with the district leader, Elder King. It was so so awesome. One thing that was funny though is he is a Chinese speaking missionary. So some of our lessons were completely in Chinese. I would just sit there and smile because I had no idea what was going on. I could still feel the spirit really strong though. We taught some lessons in English too. It was so cool to serve in a new area and with a new companion. Me and Elder King got along very well. We had some funny experiences like a lady answering the door then just walking away leaving the door open. We just sat there for a while because we had no idea if she was coming back. We also chased a couple of Chinese elderly people down the street. He was talking to them in Chinese and I had NO idea what was going on. We also had a really cool experience, the spirit prompted me to knock on a door. A lady answered and wasn't interested at all at first. It ends up we talked her into listening and we taught her the first lesson (it was short though) but the spirit was strong and she thanked us after we were done. She said she would go talk to her brother that is a member. In the evening we went to a house that had a bunch of Chinese young adults rooming together. They made us dinner and we had a lesson with two of them. I had real Chinese food made by Chinese people. It was really good. They could speak pretty good English but it was hilarious because they thought I was so funny. We laughed a lot and had a really good spiritual lesson.

Wednesday was awesome. We taught a lot of lessons and had some really cool experiences. We talked to a lot of people on the street. Also it was Rameshs last lesson before his interview for baptism!! OH YEAH WE SET HIM FOR BAPTISM FOR JANUARY 2nd!! I forgot if I told you that. Anyways we taught him the commandments, the Law of Chastity, the Word of Wisdom, tithing, sabbath day holy, and the ten commandments. It went so well. He was so spiritually ready and wanted to keep those commandments. The spirit was so strong and we just knew he was ready for baptism. We asked him who he wanted to baptize him and HE POINTED AT ME!! wow I was so surprised but felt very blessed and happy he wanted me to baptism him!! Wednesday was also our very last night at temple Christmas lights.

Thursday went very well. We had a really good lesson with this guy from the Philippines named Ronald. We also had some really good other lessons and talked to some really interested people on the street. It was also Ramesh's baptism interview. Elder king interviewed him. It went great! He was found worthy and really to be baptised! After that we had a great dinner at a members home and had some other really good lessons!

Okay I'm going to send this E mail just in case...I don't want it to delete or something. I will send another one right after and finish the week!

* For some reason, Tyler did not send another email, so this is all we have :( as soon as we get the rest of this email, I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Kitchens companions

Tehuacan (5/14/2014) to (8/6/2014) Elder Conrad from Draper, Utah

Nealtican (4/2/2014) to (5/14/2014) Elder Christensen from Denver, Colorado

Nealtican (2/19/2014) to (4/2/2014) Elder Sanchez from Chiapas, Mexico

Puebla (1/8/2014) to (2/19/2014) Elder Dzul from Cancun, Mexico

Puebla (10/15/2013) to (1/8/2014) Elder Betts from Mexi-Cali Baja California, Mexico

Atlixco (7/23/2013) to (10/14/2013) Elder Ortega from Nayarit, Mexico

Puebla (3/19/2013) to (7/22/2013) Elder Burden from Snowflake, Arizona

Puebla (2/19/2013) to (3/18/2013) Elder Knowlton from Springville, Utah

Atexcac (1/8/2013) to (2/18/2013) Elder Olvera from San. Luis Potosi, Mexico

Atexcac (10/16/2012) to (1/7/2013) Elder Tinoco from Dorango, Mexico

MTC (8/15/2012) to (10/15/2012) Elder Astle from Northern California




























































































































































































Followers